Chapter 8 - I Did a Dumb Thing. 🍋

"Oh... oh wow thanks so much." I tried to say with a smile.

"Twice, Toga take care of this car and we'll all meet back at the bar tomorrow night." The young man said taking the bag from Dabi and walking out of the shed.

The others followed him except for the ones that stayed with the car. I blindly followed Dabi out and tried to work out where I was.

The others seemed to go off on their own.

"Know where we are?" Dabi asked stopping in front of me.

"Absolutely no idea." I said still kinda trembling.

"You know your really hot when you act all confident like when I met you at the club those two times. But I gotta admit I'm still pretty turned on by this scared side of you too." He laughed slinging an arm around me as we started to walk.

"So where do you live?" He asked bluntly.

I felt his arm tighten slightly over my neck and it pulled me closer into his chest. "In the city, is that far from here?" I asked still slightly trembling.

"Oh wow, that's ages away." He said stopping me and turning to walk off in a different direction.

"Wait.." I said trying to lift my legs up while we walked to take my shoes off.

He stopped and pulled his arm off me allowing me to take the stilettos off. "Then I am for sure taking these off." I said quickly removing them and carried them with my bag.

Dabi let out a sigh and wrapped his arm back around my neck when I stood back up and continued to walk.

We get to a busy street and I spot a taxi. "I got it from here, I'll just catch a cab." I said quickly spinning out of his arm and making a quick dash for the cab.

I opened the rear door and told the driver my address. Before I could even close my door I hear the opposite passenger side open. Dabi slid into the seat next to me and we sat in silence till we got to my apartment.

I thanked and paid the driver and stood outside the apartment building. At this point it was pretty late, Jasmine would definitely be asleep.

"I'll really be okay from here, thanks again." I said quickly turning to open the door with my card when I felt his hand roughly grab mine.

"I need to know exactly where you live, you know, just in case you decide to betray us." He grinned.

I paused for a moment and gulped. He freed my hand and I opened the door holding it so he could follow me in.

We hop in the lift and I press our floor button and rest back on the wall.

"Flashy place, what did you say your old job was again?" He said checking out the place.

"I didn't," I said bluntly then quickly remembered my situation. "I mean, I didn't get a chance to tell you. I was a P.A for a lawyer."

"Hmm, wouldn't have picked you for a job like that. So how did this little personal assistant lose her job?" He asked shoving his hands in his pockets as the lift reached our floor.

"I was traded in for a younger model," I laughed walking out of the lift to our front door. "One who would dress sluttier and put up with harassment from their boss." I said letting out a huge sigh.

Dabi stayed silent and leaned against the door looking at me.

"Well this is me." I said smiling at him slightly.

His eyes locked with mine and I felt my heart starting to race.

Oh no no no no .... (F/N) no ! We just found out this guys a villain and he's recruited you. I stole a frickin car and ran away from the cops.... no.