13. Message from FmL#13

"Mom?" Jungkook moved cautiously to the bed where he saw his mother lying. 

Intravenous drip pinned to her limbs, her skin paler than usual and her eyes closed.  Her chest rose and fell slowly, she breathed calmly.

His fingers clasped the iron cold beams around her bed. He bent over her.

His eyes filled with tears when she didn't answer.

"Mom?"  He asked again even though he knew he would not get a answer.  "Mom... I'm so sorry... it's all my fault, please don't hate yourself, please don't punish yourself... you're not the reason why dad left."  He bit his lip and closed his eyes. "It's my fault."

He heard the door open behind him but he didn't bother to open his eyes.  It was as if he wanted to crush his tears. He didn't want to cry, not even in front of his mother.

She is special to him and he still wants to show her so much. His stupid illnesses have caused her so much trouble and his father also stresses her. Jungkook regrets the times he was mean to her. He wants her to hold him again and run her fingers through his hair.

He can't afford the lost he would have if she won't be there anymore. It's his mom, she should stay as long as needed. And right now, he needs her.

"Jungkook?" The doctor behind him spoke.  "Can I talk to you outside?"

The boy nodded, didn't want to give anyone any trouble anymore.

They walked out of the room together.

Jungkook immediately saw Namjoon sitting there. His brown fun eyes, filled with pity but still intended to be comforting. His grandfather and grandmother stood next to him.

The boy got a warm feeling when he saw them.

All the happy memories from the past.

"Your mother has to stay here for a long time, we don't know exactly for how long or what the cause is but... she is very weak. We will do our best to help your mother." He put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder for comfort.

Jungkook's first instinct was to push it away, but he felt too numb now that he was away from his mother again.

"You live alone with your mother right?" The doctor asked.

The boy nodded.

"Can you come home alone? Your friend's grandparents offered to take you home or to stay with them for a while." The man told.  "What do you think of that?"

A/n: My kingdom has spoken:

Should Jungkook go with Namjoon and eat with his grandparents at his house?

YES

The boy nodded again and immediately felt the blond boy's large body against him. The boy hugged him tightly and Jungkook felt how he could barely breathe.

"Yeah yeah now let me go." He pushed him away but saw the twinkles in his dark eyes begin to shine even more.

"We can even play TAL!" The enthusiastic boy exclaimed as he clapped his hands.