19. "𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚍𝚊𝚜𝚜."

The reason I wake up is partially because Honey is pushing her head into my cheek but mainly because Alex shouted a nice, happy "good morning" as she pulled back the blinds. All the sunlight rushed into the room making me strain my eyes.

"Really?" I ask sarcastically, pulling myself up so my back was against the sofa.

"We've been up for a little while and we thought it was time to wake you." Alex says, gesturing over to Jenna who was sat smiling at me, hands around a mug.

Her hair was a bit of a mess and she had dark circles under her eyes. A yawn escaped her mouth just as she bought the mug up to meet her lips.

"I fed Honey." Alex says, sitting beside me and causing a dip in the bed.

I nod to let her know that I acknowledged her comment but don't bring myself to talk. My mouth was too dry and ultimately, I couldn't be bothered to grumble out words.

"I'll make you a tea." She says hopping up and making her way out of the room.

"So, picking up from where we left off last night," Jenna smiles, "what are you gonna do? You have to make a move at some point. It's exhausting seeing you two flirt but not know it."

"Jenna, nothing is going to happen." I laugh, finally pushing the duvet off my feet and giving Honey a scratch behind the ear.

"Come on!" She pouts.

"No."

"Here you are!" Alex chirps as she comes back through the door, mug in hand.

She passes it to me and sits beside me on the bed.

"I'm so excited." She exclaims.

"Same! This week is gonna be the best." I agree.

And at that, my phone starts to ring. I move over to where the coffee table is and place my mug down. I glance at the screen of my phone.

It displayed Mum.

"Hey, good morning guys!" Harvey bounds in to the room.

The rest of the girls grumble in reply but I just turn to his with a look of stress and dread.

"Is everything alright Skye?" Alex asks me.

It was now that I realised everyone was looking at me, awaiting an answer.

"Yeah, it's just my mum. She's calling me." I say showing her the phone.

"Don't pick up." Alex says quickly.

"I have to." I mumble.

I click the green accept button and press the phone to my ear.

"Hi mum." I mumble into the phone.

"Hi baby, where are you? Why aren't you at home darling?" She slurred, obviously drunk.

"I'm out and I won't be home for the next week and a bit." I say flatly.

"Skye, you get home right now or I swear to god-" She whisper shouts.

"Babe, what are you doing?" I heard a grumbling on the other end of the phone.

I roll my eyes and turn around to face everyone else in the room. Max had now joined and they were all silent as they watched me on the phone.

I look down at the ground ashamed and then muster up the courage to have a go at my mum.

"So we're back to this now, hey? You going out and getting pissed and bringing someone home? I'm glad I'm not there."

"Skye! That is no way to talk to your mother."