14. "𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍?"

"But Skye..." Alex trailed off, staring at me.

"I know." I mumbled, turning to her.

When I turned around to look at the boys and Sara again, they all had confused looks on their faces.

"Do you mind if I just excuse myself for a moment?" I asked.

They all nodded. I walked swiftly put the door, my heart pounding in my chest, and ran down the hallway to my room. When I got there I fumbled to open the door and closed it as soon as I was in.

I leant back against it, letting out a sigh.

What was I gonna do? My mum was going to be super mad at me and what about Honey? I couldn't bother Alex's mum and leave her there for who knows how long.

I had said the wrong thing. This wouldn't work.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. I pushed myself up off of it, and grabbed the door handle. As I opened the door only slightly, it revealed Harvey.

His eyebrows were furrowed and his face was filled with concern and confusion. I opened the door a little further, motioning him to come in.

"I'm so sorry. I- I should really explain." I said walking over to my bed and sitting down on the edge. He followed me over and sat next to me just looking straight into my eyes.

I couldn't bare to look at him. I had said I was available to do something when it was much more complicated than just a 'yes'. I was also ashamed of my family, but I had to tell him. I couldn't live a lie.

I exhaled deeply before speaking.

"I said yes, but it's not that simple. My family, well my mum, when she finds out, she's gonna kill me. She doesn't even know I went to a concert last night. She thinks I went to Alex's house." I looked up at him.

He still looked confused and I understood why. I hadn't explained myself.

"You see, my mum is an alcoholic and she's not very nice and sometimes..." I broke off and stopped what I was going to say, thinking it was too early in our friendship to get that personal. I looked down into my lap, hiding my face full of emotions.

Harvey could tell I was struggling and moved closer to me. I could still feel his eyes on me and I felt a little vulnerable.

"Sometimes she does things to you?" He asked hesitantly.

I just nodded.

"I also have a brother, who doesn't really care that I exist, but my dog. She's the only one who cares about me. To be honest, I've never left her this long before. My mum doesn't care about her either so she stays with Alex's family when I go out."

My lower lip trembled slightly but I stopped quickly after I had realised.

"Well," Harvey moved even closer, putting his left hand on my thigh. I tense slightly as I've never been shown this kind of affection before. "We're going back to our house tonight and we'll be on the road again tomorrow lunch time so maybe you could come over tonight, obviously after you get your bag packed and everything. Also, your dog could stay at ours. I'm sure Pippa and Freddie would love the company."

My face lit up. He constantly made me feel 100 times better.

"Are you sure your parents wouldn't mind?" I asked.

"I'm sure they wouldn't, as long as I can tell them a bit about why."

He was asking for permission to tell his parents my situation. He was honestly too sweet.

"Of course," I said, resting my hand on top of his, "and thank you for asking."

I smiled and sniffed back a stray tear as I looked up to meet his eyes. He then gently removed his hand from my thigh and outstretched his arms.

I dived into his arms, nuzzling my head into his collarbone and his sitting perfectly on top of mine. His arms were wrapped around my body tightly, like he really cared about me.

By now he probably did. I know I do because I was a fan before, giving me an advantage I guess.

"Couple goals!" I heard someone shout from the door.

Slowly, more space was created between me and Harvey as we both pulled away, not embarrassed, just a little flustered. Jenna was standing in the doorway, along with Dobby and Dylan, as the door had been left open.

"Hey guys." I smiled, standing up.

"I'm gonna miss you." Jenna said looking at me with a pained expression.

"Well, actually," I start, turning around to look at Harvey.

I rest my thumbs in the belt loops of my jeans and continue.

"We've been invited by Max and Harvey to tour with you all. He said you could use the extra hands."

Jenna immediately perked up and pulled me into a hug, rocking me side to side ferociously. I laugh, finding it funny how excited she was.

"I'm so glad! We didn't really get to speak much at all yesterday so now I can talk to you and Alex. And I won't be the only girl anymore!" Everyone let out a little giggle.

"Hey! Are you all having a party without us?" Max shouted from down the hallway.

"Feel free to join!" Dylan shouted back.

"I'm gonna go talk to my mum." Harvey whispers in my ear, coming up behind me and placing a hand on my shoulder.

I simply nod and smile, hoping no one notices my rosy pink cheeks.