38. "𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚟𝚎𝚢, 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗."

I lay awake, unable to sleep with thoughts invading my mind until it became unbearable. The more I tried to sleep, the more I couldn't. 

Carefully, I unwrapped Harvey's arms from my body and I went to the bathroom. I switched the light on, closing the door behind me before sitting on the closed lid of the toilet. I couldn't stop thinking about the argument I had with Max earlier that day. He thinks I'm pregnant and now I'm thinking there's a possibility that it could be true.

To be fair, Harvey and I had unprotected sex but I took the pill. If you take the pill within 72 hours it should work. Right?

But then, it was only 87% effective.

We haven't even talked about a future or anything. I think we may have brushed over it once, but that's it. I'm not even sure if he wants kids. It could ruin his whole career.

After thinking about it too much, I pushed it to the back of my mind and stood up to go back to bed. As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted face to face with Max standing on the landing with his fist held up, ready to knock on the door.

"Oh." Max says, looking up at me sleepily.

Before he has the chance to say anything else, I pull him into the bathroom with me and shut the door.

"Max, I can't sleep so I need you to get me a pregnancy test tomorrow. Please?" I ask him frantically.

"Yeah, sure." He grumbles.

"Thank you." I smile, standing there awkwardly.

"Can I go to the toil-" 

"Oh, yeah, sorry. Night." I whisper, exiting the bathroom.

I walk back into Harvey's bedroom and climb back into bed next to him, draping an arm over his stomach and resting my head on his chest.

"Is everything ok?" Harvey grumbles.

"I thought you were asleep." I said.

"Are you avoiding the question?" He teases, placing a hand on my waist.

"No, you startled me. That's all. Everything's fine." I reply.

"I don't believe you." 

"Why?" I question.

"You've been off all day, even after seeing Alex." He says, placing a hand in my hair and starting to play with it, "Did something happen with her? Or between you and Max?"

Yes

"No. Like I said, everything's fine." I respond.

"Yeah right." Harvey says sarcastically.

"Can we just talk about it tomorrow please?" I beg.

"Fine." Harvey sighs in defeat.

------

"Skye! What the fuck?" Harvey shouts from his bedroom door.

I open my eyes suddenly to see him standing over me. I adjust my eyes a bit and sit up. I was still half asleep and extremely confused on what he was shouting about. His eyebrows were knitted and he looked really angry. I'd never seen him like this and it was scaring me.

"What?" I exclaim, looking up at his figure that was now towering over me.

"Why the fuck didn't you come to me about this?" He continues raising his voice.

"About wha-" 

"I'm so sorry Skye. He started questioning me about you and then he took the bag off of me." Max says, running into the room.