41. "𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝙸 𝚍𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛?"

"What the fuck is she doing here then?" Harvey asks in my ear, becoming more anxious by the minute which didn't help me stay calm at all.

"I don't know how the fuck she found me." I mumbled back as she began making her way towards us.

"Stay the hell back." Harvey shouts "Come any closer and I swear to god-"

"Who's this Skye? Did you hire a guard dog cause your other one doesn't do much." She asks, scowling at Honey.

She stopped where she was, about 8 feet away from us, smiling menacingly.

"What do you want?" I spat through my teeth.

Her hair was all messed up, her lip was split and there was a deep black bruise around one of her eyes. Her relationship with Aaron must have ended badly then.

"I want you, and what I'm assuming is your baby, to come home with me." She spoke calmly, like this was all normal.

"Hell no. I'm not ever letting you near my child." The anger built up inside of me.

"You can't deprive a grandmother from seeing their grandbaby!" She all but screamed, creating attention.

"Stop!" Harvey raised his voice.

He let go of me as he stepped round me to walk towards her slightly.

"Harvey, don't." I mumble but he puts his hand up to stop me.

"Do you even know the kind of shit you put her through? You fucking abused her for years and you expect her to willing come home with you? Are you crazy!"

Tears cloud my vision as my breathing quickens and a sick feeling arises in my stomach.

"You can't blame me for loving my daughter!" She shouts back.

"You call hitting her, loving her?"

"Harvey." I whine as tears fall down my cheeks and I become light headed and panicky.

He snaps out of the argument when he hears me sniff and instantly rushes towards me.

"We need to go." I say looking over his shoulder to see my mum growing angrier by the second, her chest rising and falling heavily.

"Ok, we'll go the long way home through the woods behind you just to make sure she doesn't follow us." He whispers in my ear and kisses my cheek soon after.

Harvey turns around to say something else to my mother to distract her as I walk to the entrance of the woods quickly. She's probably so shit-faced right now she doesn't even know what's going on.

She's left completely stunned by Harvey as he runs towards me, the dogs not too far behind as we both disappear into the woods.

------

Harvey kept checking now and then behind us to make sure no one was following us but we seemed to be ok.

As soon as Harvey unlocked the front door and got the dogs and I inside and safe, he immediately locked the door behind him.

In seconds I was in tears and not long after that, Harveys arms were around my body with my head buried into his chest. He let me cry into his jumper until I stopped, occasionally planting a soft kiss to the top of my head.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He mumbled.

"Why?" I sniffed, pulling back from his chest to look at his distraught face.