8. "𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚛𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞?"

When chatter starts to fill the stairs, I look over at Alex. She was already staring at me, glued to the spot, kinda scared. I sometimes have a hard time talking to people I don't know, and then I feel awkward. It stresses me out a little.

"Great job girls," Sara says, breaking whatever was going on, "Were half way there."

I exhale as she puts a hand on my shoulder, trying to comfort me as she had realised I was a little stressed.

"Ok, let's do this!" I shout above the noise that was progressively getting louder.

Alex looks at me and smiles enthusiastically, then turns away to start helping people who had come over to the desk.

Some of the fans were whispering and pointing, which I realised out of the corner of my eye as I handed a t-shirt over to a friendly looking girl.

"Thanks," She says paying and walking away.

The group of girls I had previously seen out of the corner of my eye, were making there way towards me as I was putting money into the pouch where it goes. There were about 6 girls all standing at the desk, just looking at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, in a sweet way.

"Yeah," One of them said sounding rude and demanding. She was staring at me, dead in the eye like she was a lion, fighting for dominance. It seemed like she was the "leader" of the group as all the other girls stood behind her like her disciples.

"You can help us by telling us who you are and why we've never seen you before and what you're doing here." She chews on her gum and looks me up and down, crossing her arms over her chest. I kinda understand where she's coming from, as I'm a fan myself, but becoming really protective when you don't even know the boys and then interfering with their personal life isn't right.

I open my mouth to speak but get interrupted by someone stepping to my side and putting an arm round my shoulder.

"Everything ok?" Alex asks. I look at her with a sweet smile.

"Who are you?" Another girl says in the same rude tone the one before her used.

"I'm sorry but why does it concern you?" Alex asks again.

"We just wanna know if your dating the boys." The girl at the front of the group says, tapping her obnoxiously long nails on the desk.

I roll my eyes.

"Seriously? Can the boys not have friends that are female? You don't have a problem with Jenna, why should you have a problem with anyone else?" I say.

"Whatever." She turns and walks away in a huff, followed by her friends.

"Well said." I heard someone say to the left of us. It was Sara and she was smiling at me.

"Oh, thank you." I go a light shade of red, embarrassed that she heard that conversation.

After whatever had just happened, we got back to serving customers. Once it had died down a bit, due to the soundcheck starting, Alex and I finally had a chance to talk to each other properly.

"Omg, Alex. This day has been so amazing but so tiring." I exhale, finally getting a break from today's madness.

"I know. I can't believe this whole backstage thing! It feels unreal."

"Maybe getting backstage passes will get us even closer to the boys." I say quietly so only she could hear.

"Oh right. I know what your thinking." She says giving me a cheeky smile followed by a wink.