Ch 11-Crush

I trudged up the long staircase that I assumed led upstairs to Holden's room.  On the way up I noticed a few couples making out on the steps as well as some leading into various rooms down the hall.  There was exactly 6 rooms down this long hallway.

I walked behind a handsy couple that were passionately making out and continued to keep their balance all at the same time.  If I wasn't so grossed out I may have been impressed at their coordination. 

Once they had hit the first room to the right the boy opened the door with one hand while his other was around the girl's waist.  As it swung open I noticed what looked like an all pink room with a princess looking canopy bed. 

I was guessing that was probably not Holden's room as I walked past them to keep looking.

The next room was already opened and it revealed a few couches and a TV.  It was probably a lounge room rather than an actual bedroom. 

The room across the hall from that room was completely open and was a bathroom that reeked of throw up and marijuana.  That's going to be fun to disinfect in the morning. 

The farthest room from the staircase that was at the very end of the hallway had a red Caution sign on it that read KEEP OUT.  I didn't see Holden as the type of guy with warning signs tapped to his door but, I could be wrong.

I walked over to the door and slowly opened it, hoping no one was in there making out or doing more.  The room was pitch black and when I turned to turn on the lights I crossed my fingers that no one was doing anything gross.

I turned on the lights and to my satisfaction the room was completely empty and from the looks of it was definitely Holden's bedroom.

The walls were painted a navy blue color and matched his navy blue bedspread.  Hung on the walls were posters of the Patriots as well as a framed picture of North Harbor's football team.  Off to the corner there was a futon  and a flat screen TV with various video games surrounding the speaker system and a door leading to a bathroom and closet. 

It was a typical boy's bedroom and from what I saw I wouldn't find much in here.  I walked over to the night stand next to Holden's bed and pulled open the top drawer.  Not much to my surprise there was a box of condoms that was about half full.

Ew.

Besides the condoms there was a hair brush, watch, and a few old yearbooks.  I pulled out the watch first and looked at it.  It looked older but, in a cool antique way with black leather and gold embrodieary and on the back of the face there was three initials. 

ALK

The initials weren't Holden's clearly so I assumed he either stole it or it was a gift.  Either way this was not going to help take him down.  I set the watch back on his night stand and looked at the four yearbooks in my hands.

The first three were from his first three years of high school but, the fourth was one of our grade school yearbooks.  I had to start flipping through the pages to figure out what grade we were in but, stopped when I realized that a yellow post it note was sticking out at the top of it. 

I flipped to where the post it not was and when it opened I was confused.  It had opened on grade 5 and looking back at me was a smiling younger version of me as well as a little Holden doing the same.

Why would he post it note this page and why does he have this year book of all the others in his drawer?

I caught my breath and was about to close it when I heard someone clear their throat from behind me.