Ch 15-Let the Games Begin

"Hales what is taking so long?"  Ava pushed open the sliding door and swayed over to the bar with a giddy expression on her face.

That obviously faded when she saw Jackson.

"Oh you're here."  Ava said softly trying to force out enthusiasm and Jackson uncomfortably scratched the back of his head.

"Uh yeah Holden and Justin invited me." 

"Oh cool."  Ava said then casually walked past him to the bar to pour another drink.

I looked over at Jackson and studied his expression.  He looked hurt.

But I guess I would be too if nearly everyone didn't want me somewhere.

"I'm back and brought friends!"  A loud voice came booming around the corner and Holden appeared with all his swagger.

Behind him was some guy that I had seen eating lunch with us a few times but, still couldn't remember his name and Bridgette.

"Finally!  Where's Lauren and Sammy?"  Ava questioned and I thought back to if I knew Sammy. 

I'm assuming that she was a cheerleader because Ava said Lauren would bring some cheerleader friends so it probably had to be the cute little Asian girl that sat at Lauren's side at lunch.

Ava actually seemed to like her unlike most of the cheerleaders like Paige and Cheyanne.

Yeah, if you haven't noticed I'm doing awful remembering everyone's names.

"Yeah about that.  There's something I have to tell you."  Bridgette stepped forward to Ava and Ava looked at her confused when I heard a super annoying laugh coming from the stairs.

I knew that laugh.  It sounded so familiarly annoying.  It was a sound that made me cringe.

It was Cheyanne.

Around the corner came Lauren and Cheyanne and Ava's jaw dropped.

At the same time I noticed Lauren give an apologetic look towards her.

"Lauren?!"  Ava shouted not even really caring that Cheyanne was in the room.

"I'm going to go outside and say hello to Adam.  Ryder do you want to join me?"  Cheyanne said flirtatiously and the boy that sits with us at lunch (Ryder I guess) practically jumped at the opportunity to follow Cheyanne.

Pathetic I know.

Jackson looked between Ava and Cheyanne and knew that the best place for him was probably outside as well so he followed behind the two.

Holden however stayed and walked up to sit on the bar stools with Bridgette as Ava stood behind the bar giving them dirty glares.

"Can someone please explain to me why not only I have to deal with my ex tonight but, also skankypants?!"  Ava exclaimed pouring herself a shot and taking it back like a champ.

"Skankypants?"  Holden and me said at the same time making up both blush at one another and Ava rolled her eyes at us.

"You know what I mean."

"Sammy had food poisoning and Adam apparently invited Cheyanne.  She needed a ride because her car is in the shop so I drove her."  Lauren said slowly hoping that Ava wouldn't freak out on her.

After a few deathly long moments of silence Ava let out a deep breath.

"Fine.  Just keep her away from me."  Ava groveled then picked up her now full drink and started heading outside.