ch 6- Womanizer

I wasn't sure if I was out of shape or if this team was a lot harder than my one back in Miami but, I was exhausted and dripping in sweat.  

As I practically collapsed in the bleachers I started peeling off my knee pads and volleyball shoes and sent a quick text to Kayla to pick me up.

"Guess what?! Guess what?! Guess what?!"  Ava slid up next to me on the bleachers still completely full of energy and barely sweating.

I looked up at her as I undid my high ponytail letting my long golden waves cascade back my back in a sweaty mess. 

"What?"  I asked trying to be cheerful.

"You made it!  You're on the team!"  Ava wrapped her arms around me and her grasp was so tight I could barely breath.

"Seriously?"  I asked somewhat in shock. 

Yeah I kept up with the team and I even did some pretty good digs up to the setter, who was Ava by the way but, it was a pretty intense work out for me.

Anytime the ball hit the net we all had to run three laps.  I was really hoping that was a drill we only did on occasions.

 "Yeah you did awesome! And you'll get used to the running.  It took me a month to get used to it my freshman year."  Ava admitted and I sighed.

Great the excessive running was an every practice thing.

"Hey Hayley good job today!  I'm Bridgette by the way."  The blonde girl that was up Ava's butt the whole practice came up to me and I was also shocked by this.

Any chance she had to spike the ball down at me she did and let me tell you.  She was good.  Really good.

"Thanks.  And you were great.  Those spikes were perfect."  I complimented and it was true.  I haven't seen someone spike like that in a long time.

"Thanks.  I'm hoping to get a scholarship this year."  She said nervously and Ava rolled her eyes at her friend.

"You're totally going to get one.  You're the best outside hitter on the team and probably in the state."  Ava encouraged her friend and then looked at me.

"She was probably only going hard on you because we need a great libero."  Ava whispered to me but, Bridgette heard it and groaned.

"Ava!"  Bridgette nudged her almost making her fall over and I laughed at them.

They reminded me of me and my friends back in Miami on the volleyball team.  Always goofing around and laughing at each other.

"It's true though.  The better you are, the better sets I can make, and the better spikes Bridgette can do."  Ava explained like it was obvious and I nodded in agreement.

She had a point.

"Well I'm heading out.  Av do you need a ride?"  Bridgette asked and Ava shook her head no.

"I drove today but, I'm waiting for Adam to get done with practice.  He's grounded from his car."  Ava smiled at the last part.

"Why is he grounded from his car?"  Bridgette laughed and Ava let out a long sigh.

"Some stupid reason.  After Holden's little gathering the other night Adam let Justin drive them back to the house drunk.  Mom and Dad heard them acting rediculous in the kitchen at like 5 in the morning, which they usually wouldn't mind but, when they saw Justin get in his car the next morning and drive home they were furious that Adam had gotten in the car with him the night before." 

I wasn't entirely sure where Adam's parents' bedroom was but, the fact that they heard them all the way in their room from the kitchen in that huge house must mean they were being pretty loud.