ch 7-Classified

Sometimes I seriously wonder how I get myself into these kinds of situations. 

And I mean the situations that people dread getting into.

The ones that you have nightmares about for weeks after it happens.

The ones that become scary stories that you tell around campfires...

Okay maybe not that bad but, you get the point.

So what situation am I talking about now you may be wondering.

Well at the moment I Hayley Rose Monahan am sitting in the car of my childhood sworn enemy and recently discovered womanizer.

Holden mother eff'ing Kane!

"And then coach just decided that me and Adam should be co-captains."  Holden finished the story he was telling me and I just nodded wondering what the hell he was even talking about considering I was zoning out for the whole thing.

After we got back from Spanelli's Ava dropped Holden off at his car back at school first.  Then when Holden asked where I lived I stupidly told him my address completely forgetting he only lived a subdivision over.

He then happily offered to take me and Ava seemed completely fine with it considering she and Adam lived on the opposite side of town.

Well you know what? Damn them and their million dollar mansion that has to be in the isolated part of the city!

Filthy rich people, I swear!

"So how was your first day anyways?  Do you like North Harbor?"  Holden asked as I leaned back in the nice leather seats of his range rover.  (That almost killed me this morning)

"It was fine.  I think I'm going to miss Miami though."  I answered trying to keep this conversation as vague as possible. 

Yes I was supposed to be friends with Holden for the plan but, that doesn't mean I want to actually have a deep conversation with him.  I'm too worried about my hair being chopped off again...

"Yeah my parents have a beach house down there.  It's a pretty nice area."  Holden remarked looking off into the distance probably on childhood memories.

I was about to say something about the weather of Miami when Holden's phone in the center console started buzzing making Holden and me both glance down at it to see Paige Randolf's name flashing on the screen. 

Holden didn't make a move to reach for it though. 

"Are you going to get that?"  I asked him half amused as the phone started buzzing again indicating that she was calling him a second time in a row.

This girl was so basic.

"No.  I'm driving and you're also with me.  That's rude."  Holden said like it's obvious and I nodded.

"Um hm."  I picked up his phone making him jump a little trying to reach it as I let out a giggle.

Don't ask me why I giggled.  It was like a reflex or something, I swear!

"I'm just taking it off vibrate.  Odds are she'll call again and I for one am not a fan of that annoying buzzing sound." 

Holden retracted his hand as I set his phone back in the console.

"I knew that."  He laughed casually and I laughed.

"Sure.  Here's a thought.  Text her and tell her you're ending things.  Then she get's the message loud and clear and you don't have to worry about her calling you every five seconds."  I exclaimed and Holden looked over at me with a funny expression on his face that was unreadable.