ch 10-Red Bull and Jager shots

Sorry it took so long to write this chapter!  I just couldn't get it right!  Ugh!  Anyways hope you enjoy!

Ch. 10

"How about this one?"  I walked out of my closet once more to only get a scowling Kayla looking back at me.

"Didn't you say you went out in Miami?"  Kayla joked and I groaned walking back in my closet yanking off a pair of dark skinny jeans and a flannel button down.

This is going to sound lame but, I'm not used to the weather here anymore.  We weren't even in September yet and I was starting to feel a chill outside.  

"It's just getting so chilly out and Ava said that we'll be standing outside a lot.  I don't want to be cold."  I said running  a hand through the clothes I would usually wear to go out in.  Like cute dresses, and crop tops. 

"Hale, it's 79 degrees out.  It's not cold."  I poked my head out of the closet to see Kayla starring at her phone probably at the weather and laughed.

Not 80 degrees. No.  She had to be completely accurate. 

After starring at my clothes a little longer Kayla walked in pushing me over.

"Here!  Let me help you!"  She instantly picked out a white leather skirt, cranberry colored long sleeve crop top, and a pair of light brown heal boots. 

I analyzed the outfit smiling.

"Where have you been all my life?!"  I said dramatically practically attacking Kayla with a hug.

"Here.  You've been in Miami apparantly naked considering you can't even dress yourself." 

I let go of her and walked back into my bedroom throwing her an evil stare in the process and laying the clothes on  my bed.

"So when is Ava getting you?"   Kayla asked as we both sat down on my bed.

"She said about an hour.  Her and Adam went out to dinner with their parents and then she has to get ready."  I said almost nervously.

Yeah,  I went out a lot in Miami but,  I was comfortable there.  I knew people and I knew how people partied.  Here...

Well here is a whole new ball game.

"I can't believe Adam is such a skeez."  Kayla said falling over onto my bean bag chair.  Where she rightfully belongs.

"I can't believe we can't do anything with the fact that he was hooking up with Paige!"  I shouted still mad at myself. 

Stupid Holden Kane.

"I know but, for now we have to play our cards right.  We don't want to get Holden all pissed at you and have you shunned by the trinity."  Kayla explained and I nodded.

We have already come so far since only a few days ago.  We shoudn't waste it now just because we know Adam's dirty little secret.

"You're right."  I said playing with the fabric of the white leather skirt with my fingers.

"But you know what we can do?"  Kayla said and I looked up at her shrugging my shoulders.

What actual intel can one get from a drunken high school party?

Why am I going to this again?!

"You can scoop out Holden's room.  He might have something in there that we could use against him."  Kayla said like going into Holden's room wasn't a big deal or anything.

"You want me to sneak into his room?  Have you lost it?!  What if I get caught and he kills me or something?!"  I shrieked and Kayla laughed.

"Kills you?  I think that's a little bit dramatic.  He'll probably just tell you to get out like a normal person."  Kayla joked and I scowled over at her once more.