Chapter 34: Modern Day Life Break Time Part One

A/N: Yayyyy new chapter!!! And as you all know, here begins Subaru and the others' hot spring trip, and I will be letting them visit real places in Japan, obviously XDD but I've never really been to any of the locations that I am going to write about. Everything in the story is based on the information I searched from the internet, so if some of you have been to any of these locations and the way they turn out here is not the same as your experience, please forgive me, I'm already doing my best writing XDDD and if you feel necessary please write down what you think certain locations should be like and I'll gladly change it!! Okay, that's enough for now, and here goes!! Chapter 32!! Please enjoy!!!

As soon as Subaru and the other met up at the gate, they headed for dinner. Normally, on occasions like this, they'd go to Ossan's noodle shop, however, today, for the sake of time, they went to McDonald's. They finished their meal considerably fast and set off to Subaru's apartment. There wasn't much talking, because they knew once they arrived at their destination, they'd probably spend the whole night talking. In no time, they were at Subaru's door, and Subaru unlocked the door and opened it. As everyone entered the warm apartment, Subaru took a deep breath.

"We're gonna go skiing!!!" Subaru shouted the first thing after the eight of them put down their bags and jackets. Hinata, Aki, and Haruka all gaped at him for fully five seconds before started shouting as well, their fists raised in the air in great excitement. The girls also reacted quite enthusiastically along them. "Hm hm hm, as soon as I saw the tickets, I knew it was it!! My lovely parents were so lucky that they won the three-days-two-nights onsen trip tickets for eight people, and where exactly the onsen is you ask? The answer is....!!! Kusatsu, Gunma!!!! The place with the best onsens in Japan!!" Subaru shouted again, and this time was immediately followed by more shouts of excitement from Hinata, Aki, and Haruka. "And the best of all, these tickets are for the onsen ryokan, Naraya!!!!" Subaru shouted finally, and the three were already too overwhelmed to shout anymore.

"That's why you kept the location as a secret!!!" Hinata shouted after recovering from the overwhelming information. "That's right!! I knew this is simply just too good to be true and would simply surprise the shit outta anyone who has some knowledge about the onsens in Japan, and now," Subaru said, smirking and with his hands on his hips, and turned to the girls, who were all staring at them bewilderedly. "Now, after such a long time, it's finally my time to show off some knowledge that you do not possess again!" Subaru said, his eyes falling on Beatrice, who looked away but was peeking back at him, tempted.

"In the past two weeks, I was repeatedly insulted as an uncultured man by a certain person in this flat." Subaru said, starting pacing around the room. "But today, I am not here to wage another war against that person. I'm here to explain what I am planning for this amazing trip. And first of all, I need to inform you four foreigners with the backgrounds about the destination of our onsen trip." Subaru said, turning to Emilia, Rem, Ram, and Beatrice. The four of them, of course, knew that they would be having an onsen trip, but they never got to learn where exactly they would go as Subaru insisted that he kept it a surprise.

"Our destination is Kusatsu, Gunma, the number one in Japan when it comes to onsens. It would take about two to three hours for us to travel there by shinkansen, and tell you what, it really does have the best onsens, many great sightseeing spots, and fun entertainments!! You won't regret going to any of the spots!!" Subaru said enthusiastically and started explaining more about what other features Kusatsu had that made it the number one location for onsen trips. About fifteen minutes later, Subaru finished introducing the general background of Kusatsu to the girls, and after hearing all the things they could do there, they finally showed excitement that was no less than that shown by Hinata, Aki, and Haruka.

"So here's what I've been thinking. We can spend most of our time skiing at the Nozawa Onsen Snow Resort, and if we get tired, we can just go enjoy the various onsens!! The onsen streets are a great place to hang around and shop and eat food that we can't normally eat here!! Sounds good, right?? I feel like this will be a super good reward for our tired bodies!!" Subaru said, and they all nodded in agreement. "And just making sure with everyone again, the trip will be on the 30th, 31st, and 1st, everyone good with that, right??" Subaru asked. As soon as his parents left that night, Subaru booked two ryokan rooms for four people each, knowing that if he didn't do it quickly, they might not be able to go during the time they wanted. Luckily, there were still a few rooms left for them, and he picked the 30th, 31st, and the 1st. One reason he chose these three days was that he thought if they just went on the trip as soon as the term ended, they wouldn't have time to rest a little bit, to recharge and regain energy to welcome their trip with their best conditions. Another reason was that he wanted New Year's Eve to be on their trip, so he could, you know, give the trip a deeper meaning, for everyone, especially for Rem.