Chapter 68: Modern Day Life Graduation Trip Part Two

A/N: Ayyyy we're finally in Okinawa lol~ here starts chapter 68!! Please enjoy!!!

The students were all gathered with their classes, listening to the teachers giving out their last minute notices before they let the excited students split into their groups. Each group, though having their own schedules, were sharing several similar routes to take once they were allowed to go. "...Your luggages would be delivered to our hotel, and please come back to the airport by eight so we can take the shuttle bus to our hotel. And that should be all I need to say, mina-san." Matsushita sensei's voice said, drawing the dissipating attentions of the students. "You have all worked hard this year, so, enjoy yourselves. But please do take care of yourselves. You may go to your groups now." She said, and everyone cheered loudly, all heading off to find their group members.

"Let's go find Subaru and the others, minna." Emilia said, smiling. The other three nodded and they walked off. As they navigated through many of their schoolmates, the four began to appreciate the warmth of the tropical area of Japan. "It turns out hotter than I expected. It already feels like Red-Sun in Lugnica even though it's still spring here." Emilia said, taking off her jacket and tying it around her waist loosely. "It is, Emilia-sama. Rem is glad that we followed Subaru-kun's advice of wearing lighter clothes." Rem said as she, Ram, and Beatrice all took off their jackets. "Ohh they're here! Oi Hinata! This way!" They heard Subaru's voice and turned toward the direction.

Subaru, Hinata, Aki, and Haruka were hurrying toward them, waving. "Mensore~!" The four said in unison, beaming. "Ah, that's 'welcome' in the Okinawan dialect, is Rem correct?" Rem said, raising her hand. "Hai, you're right! Ten points to Rem!" Subaru replied, pointing his fingers at her and laughing. "Oh, that reminds me, we studied the useful Okinawan dialects you compiled for us, Subaru. We'll be doing our best using those to fit in!" Emilia said enthusiastically, holding her hands together. "Ou! I'll be looking forward to hear you four speaking Okinawan, churasan (beautiful)!" He said, grinning, and Emilia looked away, pouting. "Mou Subaru, making fun of us like that again!" She said.

"Ehhh? How come Emilia-tan's reaction's still the same after all that's happened??" Subaru asked, and Emilia stuck out her tongue jokingly. Aki clapped his hands together loudly and spoke. "Alright, ignore Natsuki and focus on me. I'm pretty sure you all know our tour plan by now, but I'll just remind you again what we'll be doing today." Aki said, knocking Subaru on the head. "First stop--"
"Lunch time at Kokusaidori Street!!!!!" Hinata shouted suddenly, cutting Aki off, and the next second he became the second person holding his head. "Yes, let's go get food. It's around eleven thirty now. Let's get going!" Haruka said, sounding more energetic than usual as well. "From the description on the tour guide, it seems that Kokusaidori Street is rather similar to our gourmet street, having many kinds of food from different countries." Ram said.

"That's an understatement, Nee-sama. You'll see once we got there!" Subaru, recovering from the pain, said, smirking. "Well then, lead the way, Betty supposes, Subaru." Beatrice said. Soon, the eight set off for Kokusaidori Street. They first went to buy a one-day ticket for the monorail that traveled through Naha, meeting many of their schoolmates who were also going to Kokusaidori Street first. About ten minutes later, they got their tickets and went to board the monorail that was often referred to as the Yui Rail. By now, the four girls were all very used to inserting the train tickets and walking through the turnstile. After taking the escalator, they arrived at the platform.

"Ho... interesting, Betty supposes. A transportation that travels on a single rail, somewhat counterintuitive, in fact." Beatrice muttered as they waited for the train to arrive. "Oh, how so?" Hinata asked interestedly. "If there's only one rail, wouldn't the trains lose balance easily?" Rem asked the question on Beatrice's mind. "Ah, you're thinking about a normal train. The trains on a monorail clamp to the rail. It works quite differently than normal railroad trains." Subaru explained. "Clamp to the rail?" Beatrice, Rem, and Emilia all asked in unison, and Subaru plunged into explanation.