Chapter 46: Emilia On Adventure!!

A/N: Part 2! 3, 2, 1, go!!! XD

Another day of studying, another day to discover four dead bodies around the table in Subaru and the girls' apartment. It was around ten in the morning, but Subaru, Hinata, Aki, and Haruka were having a hard time keeping their eyelids open and their heads away from the table. Perhaps it was because of the slightly too delicious breakfast prepared by Rem. Hinata, Aki, and Haruka decided to come crashing at Subaru's place until the break was over so they could get the most out of their time to study.

As a result, they got to savor the perfectly prepared breakfast by Rem. After seeing them appearing so drained of energy in the previous two days, Rem decided to do her best making a large breakfast to help them regain energy. This was a good thought and probably would have achieved the effect that Rem wanted if they were in their own world, where tons of work followed breakfast. However, in Subaru's world, what came after breakfast was four hours straight of sitting in front of the table and doing math problems and memorizing different and complicated functions and equations, and the brain needed all the blood it could get.

But, the overly delicious breakfast, now in their stomachs and waiting to be digested, was robbing the brain of the blood it needed, so Subaru and his struggling classmates were having a hard time keeping their minds awake and focused. It was when Subaru's nose hit the table for the fifth time when Emilia's phone rang, and it was when they heard what the caller needed her to do that made Subaru wide awake.

"Ehh? You need a replacement for one of your participants in the debate with our sister school? What happened?" Emilia asked. The person who called Emilia was the club leader of the debate club at their school. Emilia, as one of the most active members of the MUN club, was very well known in the debate club as well, since the two clubs often combine their club periods together to practice debating.

"I'm very sorry for this sudden request, Roswaal-san, but like I just said we need a replacement now for him. He just suddenly fell sick and had to go home, and we are one participant short in the competition." They heard the person on the other side of the phone say, and Emilia frowned slightly and nodded. "Alright, I'll go. You say his part takes place in the afternoon, right?" Emilia said. "Yes! Oh thank god! We're saved!!" He said, his voice sounding very relieved. "I'll send you the address of the school now! See you soon!! Thank you thank you so much!!!" He said. "No problem. I'm very glad I can help. See you there." Emilia said and hung up.

She put her phone in her pocket and went back to their room, and a few minutes later she was back out, now in her uniform and with her school bag. "Subaru, minna, I'll be heading out now. I think I can be back before dinner--"
"Matte matte matte matte Emilia-tan wait a mo!!" Subaru said with his hands waving rapidly and stood up. "Oh, I'm sorry, Subaru. I thought you all heard our conversation so I didn't elaborate. One of the participant in the debate competition--"
"Emilia-tan I'm very sorry to interrupt you again but we've heard it alright. The thing I'm concerned about is how to get there. Do you know how to go to our sister school? That's pretty far away from here you know??" Subaru said, and Emilia took out a piece of paper from her bag.

"Don't worry, Subaru. I've got this information leaflet from the debate club member last time. Look, here it tells you at which train and bus stations you need to disembark to go there." Emilia said, pointing at the paper. Subaru looked a bit closely at it and saw that indeed the information was properly written. "Oh, okay, but just so you know, the train stations are like mazes and it's really easy to get lost in there or board the wrong train. And it'd also be your first time going this deep into the station... maybe I should accompany you?" Subaru asked, but Emilia shook her head, smiling.

"Thank you, Subaru, but this time I want to try it myself. I'm very happy that you offer to come with me, but I want to become more independent, just like you, Subaru." She said and touched the crystal in front of her chest softly. Subaru knew she was talking with Puck now so he didn't interrupt, and a few moments later, she let go of the crystal and smiled again. "I'll be going, Subaru, minna." She said. "But..."
"Don't worry, Subaru. It's not like she's going into the wilderness alone. It's just the train parts that's a bit more complicated, the rest is just boarding buses from the bus station outside the train station, it's not that hard. She'll find her way through it." Hinata said. "Yea you worry too much dude, you're not her dad." Aki added. "Okay okay I know." Subaru said, and he smiled too. "Promise me one thing, if you run into trouble, call us at once, okay?" Subaru said, and Emilia nodded. "I promise, Subaru." She said and left the apartment.