Chapter 44: Modern Day Life Break Time Part Eleven

A/N: Here we arrreeeee!! At the final part!!! Please enjoy~~~!!!!!

It was around six now, and Subaru and Rem just returned to their rooms. Emilia, Ram, Beatrice, and Hinata did them the courtesy of waiting fifteen minutes at the Yubatake to let what just happened sink in for the two and returned to the rooms at six twenty. "Yo," Hinata said as he pushed open the door with the three girls behind him. Subaru and Rem were browsing through the pictures they took today, and hearing the door open and Hinata's voice, they looked up from their camera and phone.

"Okaerinasai, Emilia-sama, Nee-sama, Beatrice-sama, Natsuno-san." Rem said, standing up and bowing at them. "Yo," Subaru waved back at them with a grin. "How's the massage?" He asked. "It was great, Subaru! You should definitely give it a try too!" Emilia said, smiling. "Sou nanoyo, Subaru. Betty supposes a bit of massage will definitely do you good. After all, you're still a growing child but with your body already wounded here and there, in fact. A nice massage will surely ease the aftermaths of those injuries, Betty supposes." Beatrice said, folding her arms and looking pleased with herself. Apparently she seemed to be very proud about how considerate she thought she was.

"Ehhhh? It's only been one day and Bea-ko's starting to talk like Emilia-tan already??" Subaru said with a speechless look on his face. The rest of them all laughed, and Hinata sat down beside him, pulling out his camera. Emilia and Beatrice went to sit down beside the three as well while Ram sat down in front of the TV and turned it on, appearing to be not as interested in their conversation just yet. "Alright, enough talking I think. Let's get to business." Hinata said as a smirk crept across his face.

"What're you talking about?" Subaru asked blankly, but when his eyes found the camera in Hinata's hands, he seemed to figured it out himself. "Oh no you didn't. Don't tell me--"
"Yeah we were there. But we're not planning to laugh or anything. Look at the photos I took for you." Hinata said, thrusting the camera in Subaru's hands. With his mouth open, Subaru looked down at the camera, and so did Rem, who looked like she was looking forward to see the pictures.

Subaru turned the camera on, and he and Rem saw it. It was the photo of the two kissing at the Yubatake. Hinata must had snuck to their back when the two left the foot bath. However, the more Subaru looked at the picture, the better it became. Hinata perfectly captured the moving moment. The two were positioned in the middle of the photo, and the steam rising up behind them in the Yubatake, illuminated by the lights from below and above, was a mixture of the colors of the lights, making the background look as if it was the sky of daytime and nighttime blending pleasantly together. Also, the background, though lit with the lights in the Yubatake, did not cast them in shadow as there were also lights from the other side, so their faces were still clear. And most important of all, the Pleiades hair accessory was visible, and the light-reflecting materials Subaru used to make the seven stars were properly reflecting light as Subaru hoped it would. In the picture, the hair accessory just looked like a miniature replica of the real Pleiades.

"...Okay, Hinata. Thanks." Subaru said, laughing. "This photo is very beautiful, Natsuno-san. Rem couldn't thank you enough for taking it for us." Rem said, beaming, and Hinata grinned. "No worries, you two. You know what, I think my photo shooting skills have improved greatly by just taking pictures of you. Maybe I can consider becoming a photographer in the future." He said, and Subaru laughed again. "I can somehow see that future happening." Subaru said. "Haha, thanks, Subaru." Hinata answered. "And I'm really happy for you two." He added with a grin.

"Betty is happy for you as well, Subaru, Rem, Betty supposes. But Betty must stress again that you two stop treating Betty as your child and pretending to be her parents, in fact! Betty won't consent to such embarrassing actings, Betty supposes!!" Beatrice said. "Ha... alright then, we'll stop. But we actually bought so many different delicious snacks today and were thinking about giving Bea-ko some. If Bea-ko doesn't want to be a good child and keep her privilege of always getting the sweets first, we won't force you. So sad, we bought at least three bags full of snacks just to share with you, Bea-ko... maybe I'll ask Nee-sama if she wants them later." Subaru said, pretending to look sad and talking in a regretting voice. "Ii kagen ni shinasai, Barusu." Ram said as she looked over her shoulder at Subaru with a threatening look on her face while Beatrice's face underwent several changes in her expression.