Chapter 59: Modern Day Life Lesson Forty Two

A/N: Chapter 59!!! Here starts the Valentine's event!!! What do you think'll happen-- ah stupid question moving on!! Please enjoy!!!

Ah, Monday morning, slightly chilly yet sunny, the beginning of the Valentine's Day event. It started quite well, at least without any trouble. On the previous night before the girls went to bed, they, that is to say Rem, Emilia, and Beatrice, had a small discussion about the next morning when Subaru was taking a bath. "Beatrice-sama, may we ask you to take on this important task to delay Subaru-kun from getting up a little bit tomorrow?" Rem asked, a serious look on her face. "Mn, Beatrice, this is very important indeed because we don't want to take out our chocolates from the fridge too early in case they melt in our bags." Emilia said, looking at Beatrice earnestly.

"Betty understands, in fact, Emilia, Rem. She will keep Subaru in the bed long enough for you to transfer the chocolates from the fridge to the bags, Betty supposes." Beatrice said, and the three held their hands together. Ram, sitting on the other side of the living room and looking at them talk boredly, yawned widely. And now, in the morning, their plan was executed, not exactly as discussed, but at least the result was satisfactory. Rem, as usual, got up the earliest to prepare breakfast, and around the usual time the rest of them got up, Beatrice, probably unintentionally really, put the plan in action.

"Asa dazo, Bea-ko." Subaru said sleepily but with a smile, giving Beatrice, who was holding his arm, a gentle tap on the shoulder. She muttered something and held his arm tighter. "Just a bit... longer... Betty supposes... chilly..." Beatrice muttered, her eyes closed. "Well, if you say so." Subaru said, yawning and lying back down, pulling the blanket back over themselves. Meanwhile, Rem was taking out everyone's chocolates and putting them in their bags. Breakfast was then ready, and Ram and Emilia were getting up as well.

"Oha~you, Rem, Ram." Emilia said, yawning behind her hand, when she came out the room and saw Rem and Ram at the table. "Ohayougozaimasu, Emilia-sama." Rem and Ram greeted her in unison. "Emilia-sama, Rem has put your chocolate in your bag. She believes there was no mistaking in whose is whose, but Emilia-sama, please double check again in case Rem really made a mistake." Rem said, and Emilia, rubbing her eyes, nodded and looked into her bag. In the paper bag she chose yesterday, her chocolate, wrapped in a different fashion than everyone else, was placed safely.

"It is here. Thank you, Rem." Emilia said, smiling. "I'll go do my routines, shall I?" She said and headed to the bathroom. A few minutes later Emilia was back in the living room, and seeing that Rem and Ram were still the only ones there, she looked over to Subaru's room. "Should we go wake them? It is starting to get a bit late." She said, and Rem nodded. "Hai, Emilia-sama. Rem will go wake them." She got up and went to the room, opening the door soundlessly. Rem walked to the side of the bed and gave both of them a gentle shake. "Subaru-kun, Beatrice-sama, it's time to get up." Rem said, giving them another shake.

Subaru yawned and sat up. "Ohayou, Rem..." He muttered, reaching for his water bottle and taking a few sips. "Ohayougozaimasu, Subaru-kun." Rem said, smiling. Subaru's eyes, now starting to focus, fell upon the clock. "Yabe! We're gonna be late! Bea-ko Bea-ko, time to get up now!!" Subaru said loudly, shaking Beatrice, and she sat up as well. "I'll go brush my teeth! Leaving the rest to you Rem!" Subaru said in a rush and jumped down the bed, dashing to the bathroom.

The bouncing bed seemed to have awoken Beatrice at last. "Hmm...? Is it morning already?" She asked blankly, and Rem giggled. "It is morning indeed, Beatrice-sama." She said, helping her out the bed. "Also, Beatrice-sama did a fantastic job on executing the plan. Our chocolates are now safely in our bags." Rem said, and Beatrice looked at her with a small smile. "Yes of course, Betty supposes. The plan was put into action without a problem, in fact." Beatrice said. "What's the plan we're talking about again?" She added as the two left the bedroom.