Chapter 85: Modern Day Life Graduation Trip Part Nineteen

A/N: Twentieth chapter in the update!!!! I FREAKING DID IT!!! TWENTY CHAPTERS IN ONE UPDATE XDDDD Took me long enough to write lol Well here goes!!! Please enjoy!!!

With a great jolt, Subaru opened his eyes and bounced up from his bed, a cold towel falling down his face. "Wh— What?!?? Where??!?" He spluttered, looking around wildly, his breath shallow and fast. His eyes didn't seem to want to adjust and focus yet and all he could see was blurry images, and then something, or rather, someone flung their arms around him. He felt one hugging him hard around the waist and burying her face into his chest and the other embracing his head tightly in her arms. At last, his senses returned, and he started taking in what just happened.

Rem was holding her arms around his waist, her face pressed against his chest, and Emilia held him in her arms, her head resting on his head too, both of them trembling slightly. He finally heard their voices too. They were calling his name softly. "Rem! Emilia!" He said, immensely relieved to see that they were fine. Hearing him call their names, they let go of him, smiling through tears. "We were so worried. This really was the closest to losing you, Subaru." Emilia said, wiping her face with her hand. Rem nodded and decided that she wanted to hug him more. She climbed in the bed and threw her arms around him again. Subaru patted her softly on the head as she hugged him silently.

He finally took a look around and realized that they were back in their room. Ram was sitting in a chair with her arms folded and legs corssed, her head nodding slightly as she dozed off. "Where's Bea-ko? Is she fine?" Subaru asked, and Emilia nodded. "Beatrice is fine. She's resting in our room. Natsuno-san, Kouyou-san, and Tsuyumi-san are looking after her." She replied, and Subaru sighed in relief and thanked her with a nod. "What happened after... well, after I fainted? I remember feeling a lot of pain and falling, and that was it." He said, and the memories started coming back.

"How's Kishitsuji sensei and Matsushita sensei? Antonella-san? Iwasaki? The all the other students??? What—" He asked, his voice sounding anxious and urgent, and Emilia pulled him back into her arms, hushing him. "It's alright, Subaru, everything is alright. Calm down first, you need to rest. We will explain to you one by one." Emilia's soothing voice said, and the anxiety Subaru was experiencing faded away. He eased his breathing and closed his eyes. "Thank you, Emilia-tan. I'm feeling better now." He said, and Emilia smiled. She let go of him and sat down on the bed next to him.

"After Beatrice sent Hihara away with her magic, you, well, you got really ill and fainted. We were able to keep you alive with our combined efforts, but you still remained unconscious. Beatrice said something about your compatibility with her and that she could tell if you are well or not. She assured that it wouldn't take too long for you to wake once she finished the final wrap up of the treatment. And after that, some more men came running in the hall shouting Hihara's name. They were supposed to be people he stationed around the hotel, at least that was what they shouted at us. They questioned where Hihara had gone to, but Rem and Ram put them down. And after that, Puck and I went to check on Kishitsuji sensei, Matsushita sensei, Antonella-san, and Iwasaki's conditions. They've been subjected to mana burning as well, and we were trying to heal them. All of them will be fine, we've made sure of that. And when all the healings were about done, Beatrice put everyone in the hall under a large magic. According to her it was a memory modification magic, and everyone will remember this night up to the point Iwasaki finishes her performance. The memories later on are altered so that everyone thinks they all suddenly fainted due to the food being not fresh and getting badly food poisoned." Emilia finished speaking and paused, taking a few deep breaths.

"Wow, that's a long explanation, haha." Subaru said, chuckling. "And thank you again, Emilia-tan!" He added, and Emilia giggled. "You need to say that to Beatrice too. Without her, we would have already been dead. She's currently asleep since she used up too much mana." Emilia said, and there was a small silence. "No, maybe I should say thank you first, Subaru. If it hadn't been you, we wouldn't even get to have the chance to fight back." She added. "Well, if that's the case, we really should be thanking the kind lady who decided to show me what was about to happen in the first place." He said jokingly, and then he put on a more sincere expression. "I've put you all through the worst sort of experience tonight... I tried finding a better way, but there seemed to be none..." Subaru said quietly, his head lowered.