Chapter 37: Modern Day Life Break Time Part Four

A/N: Before we start, just wanna say I finished reading all the Re: Zero IF stories and man it is amazing XD definitely recommend you to read it as well!! Alright now part three of the updates!!! Here we go!! Please enjoy XDD

A while earlier, when team skiing was still practicing the basics, Haruka, after also teaching the two girls the basics of snowboarding like how to strap in and out the board, how to get up, how to move around with the board, and how to glide, noticed that Ram was an extremely fast learner and Emilia seemed to already know how to snowboard, so she decided to bring them a up the to the Paradise slope to see how good Ram and Emilia actually were.

"Hm, you know what? You two are way too good to really be beginners. You sure you've never snowboarded before?" Haruka asked after watching Emilia and Ram snowboard down the slope where they were practicing, the latter doing quite an impressive jump. "That jump you just did, it's called an Ollie. It's one of the beginner's jumps but still quite advanced for someone who just started learning snowboarding for like half an hour. Where'd you pick that up?" Haruka asked when Ram and Emilia came to a stop in front of her and Hinata.

"Ram saw someone did it earlier and decided to give it a try." Ram said, wearing her usual smug smile, and Haruka laughed. "You are quite the natural, Ram-san." Haruka said, laughing. "Well, Ram does not deny that she learns anything immediately if she sets her mind to it." Ram said, her hands on her hips. "Yeah, Ram really is amazing!! That jump was very cool! I wish I could do that too. I can only glide so far." Emilia said, showing a rather envious expression on her face.

"What are you talking about, Emilia-san?? You are equally good!! I haven't seen any beginners with the steady and balanced stance of yours!! You look like a pro as well!!" Hinata exclaimed. "You definitely aren't a beginner! Where did you learn it??" He asked, his eyes twinkling. Smiling again, Emilia answered. "Well, I'm not really sure. I think I might have done snowboarding without knowing it's snowboarding." Emilia said, sticking out her tongue. "What does that mean?" Haruka asked.

"Um... back where I lived, it snowed all the time, and I just, uh, stepped on random sheets of ice to move around. It was very convenient when you want to move around in a snowy mountain quickly." Emilia said, scratching her face. "So you're saying you used a sheet of ice to snowboard?!?!" Haruka and Hinata shouted together, and Emilia laughed awkwardly. "Somehow, Ram is not at all surprised to hear something like that. From all these months with Emilia-sama, Ram has learned that Emilia is not only naive but also very intrepid." Ram said. "Thanks, Ram." Emilia said, smiling, apparently not noticing the sarcasm in her comment.

Haruka and Hinata stared at the two with their mouths open for a few more seconds and burst into laughter. "Well, wanna give the real thing a try??" Haruka asked after she and Hinata stopped laughing. "Definitely!! We'll first try the Paradise slope, right??" Emilia said, recalling the small introduction Aki gave them a while earlier. "Yep, that's the one. It's the perfect slope for beginners. Well I know you're both better than the average beginners but I think it's still better to start with that one in case anything happens." Haruka said, and Emilia and Ram nodded in agreement.

"Oi, Kouyou, we're gonna head up to Paradise slope!" Haruka called over to the other four now practicing how to get up from a fall. "Wait what?? Already??" Aki yelled back, his voice sounding surprised that the two girls grasped the basics of snowboarding this fast. "Yeah, believe me, these two are excellent! Ram-san learns everything with just one try and Emilia-san basically already knows how to snowboard!" Haruka replied as Subaru, Rem, and Beatrice all looked over to them as well. Ram, as usual, was smiling her smug smile proudly, and beside, Emilia was waving at them, radiant with happiness and excitement.

"Alright, now they're informed, we can head to the chairlift!" Haruka said, turning back to them. "Lead the way, coach!!" Hinata said, laughing, and Haruka nodded, and the four walked off toward the chairlift. In no time, they arrived at the chairlift with chairs hung from moving cables and constantly dropping people off and bringing more people up the mountain. "Oh, so this transportation is basically the same with the gondola, right? Only that we sit on a chair instead of a carriage now." Emilia said interestedly, looking at the chairs come and go.