Chapter 65: Modern Day Life Lesson Forty Eight

A/N: Okay, here's chapter 65!! The third part of this update!! This one might really be the last one for now because starting next week school stuff will get busy again. Here starts the story! Please enjoy!!!

Subaru and the girls just got back to their apartment, and as they were putting their bags down around the dining table and getting ready for more exam reviews after dinner, Beatrice cleared her throat and drew everyone's attention to her. "Betty has something very important that she needs to tell you, Betty supposes." She said, and catching Subaru's eyes, she gave him a small nod. "Very recently, Betty has sensed that within a few days, there might be another contact from Roswaal, Betty supposes." Beatrice said, and the three's eyes widened at the sudden information. Ram's reaction was the greatest of the three.

"Is that really true, Beatrice-sama?!?! Are you quite certain about this???" She asked quickly, looking temporarily taken over by the prospect of being able to see her master again. "Ram, Betty can assure you this is no lie, in fact. Betty will elaborate more about this, she supposes. Listen closely now. This contact from Roswaal would most likely be like last time, just a simple call instead of a way back to Lugnica, Betty supposes. So if you're thinking we would be able to be back soon, Betty suggests you drop that thought, in fact." Beatrice said, and, gulping, the girls nodded, their eyes fixed on her.

"From our last contact, we estimated that Roswaal would need more time to make another contact with us, the soonest time he'd be able to do it being around summer, Betty supposes. However, the highly possible upcoming connection leads Betty to a few conclusions, in fact. The first," She raised her small hand and straightened one finger. "Since Roswaal is managing to create this connection much sooner than we have anticipated, we can assume that he has either found a completely new way of making the contact or a method through which he could more stably control the connection he used last time, Betty supposes. The second," She straightened another finger.

"We can also assume that Roswaal is attempting to share something new he has discovered with us through this contact, perhaps new information on what we could do on this side to make the connection more stabilized or possibly make a safe portal, Betty supposes. The last," She straightened the third finger. "Betty knows you've never really used any magic ever since we got here, but she will repeat again to remind you, Betty supposes. In order to allow Roswaal to create the connection between him and us without too much trouble, refrain from using any sort of magic. Betty will continue to be the main source of mana release, as well as Nii-cha, in fact. If we are able to maintain everything the same as the last time the connection was made successfully, there shouldn't be any difficulty in recreating it, Betty supposes." Beatrice finished, and Ram and Rem bowed their heads at her.

"Thank you, Beatrice-sama, for telling us the good news." The twins said in unison, Ram's voice sounding more agitated than usual, and Emilia nodded too. "Yeah, thank you, Beatrice, I'm really happy to hear this! I never thought we could hear from Roswaal again this soon. We thought his next contact will be around June, right?" Emilia said. "That was our rough estimation, but you are right, Lia." Puck said, showing up. "Well then, since we want to make our own frequency more evident, I'll start to release a bit more mana in the air." He added, turning to Beatrice. "Betty will do the same, Betty supposes, Nii-cha," She said, and Subaru came to her and patted her on the head.

"I'll do my best to be helpful too, Bea-ko! Drain as much mana as you need from me!!" He said, grinning, and Beatrice smiled, taking the hand gently patting her. Having heard the good news from Beatrice, the five prepared the dinner together with their spirits lifted a lot more than usual. Halfway through eating, however, Subaru threw out a question that made them start a new round of discussion. "Hey, I just remembered. Last time, Ros-chi's contact was made through the large mirror right? Would he know it's been destroyed? Also, how do we know what sort of way he'll make the contact this time?" Subaru asked, and hearing the question, Beatrice put down her utensils.