Back to Normal

After a long and miserable week had passed, Scott was finally admitted out of the hospital. You were currently on your way to a restaurant after picking him up. You two decided to go to a fancy restaurant to celebrate him coming back from the hospital on a prior visit, and now that he is better it is the perfect time to go. 

You parked your car in the parking lot. You walked out with Scott, making sure to lock the car doors as you approached the restaurant. You two had yet to go to a fancy restaurant together; hell, you had yet to go to one ever, so you were pretty excited and nervous, of course. 

Scott opened the door for you, being the gentleman that he is. Though, you wished he didn't; you were still worried about him being hurt or weak from the animatronic attack. But you know how stubborn Scott can be when it comes to chivalry. Nonetheless, you thanked him and approached the hostess.

She greeted in a polite tone, "Welcome! Do you have a reservation."

"Yes, we do! It's for (Y/N) and Scott," You replied, taking Scott's hand.

The hostess nodded and took some menus, "Right this way, then!"

You two followed the hostess to a secluded table, nearby a window showcasing the beauty of the town at night. You two sure reserved a nice spot. It was right by a fancy water fountain with an elegant statue pouring water out of a stone tea pot. The table was dimly lit with candles and roses. Overall, it had a very romantic atmosphere. 

As you sat across from Scott, the hostess said, "Alright, your waiter should be here in just a second!"

You two thanked the hostess as she left. Alone, you gazed at Scott. God, he's such a beautiful man. You wonder what you did to deserve such a man.

Scott began awkwardly, "So, uh, lovely weather we're, um, having..."

"Yea, I guess it is pretty nice out," You looked out the window. It was a clear night out. If it weren't for all the light pollution the town had, you could see all the stars in the sky. You returned your attention back to your date, "I'm so glad you got out of the hospital that fast."

"Y-yea, um, me, too," Scott responded in a quick tone, turning his red face away from yours.

You raised an eyebrow. Why was Scott acting so nervous around you? You two have been dating for a while now, about two months. He definitely doesn't act like this anymore, unless you're teasing him. 

Your thought process was interrupted by the waiter arriving. He handed you and Scott menus and said with a smile, "Hello, I'm Jerry and I'll be your waiter for today! I'll give you a few minutes to figure out what you want to drink."

At that, the waiter ran off. You opened your menu and felt your mouth drop when you looked at the prices. Well, you knew it was a fancy and expensive restaurant, but you still can't believe how pricey the food and stuff is. After that initial shock, you jokingly offered, "Hey, babe, wanna get a fancy bottle of wine? We can pretend we're rich, haha."