Second Date

You waited in line, tapping your foot impatiently. Whoever was at the front of the line was taking their sweet time. You sighed and crossed your arms, Scott patting your shoulder comfortingly. You smiled at that, "Sorry, I didn't think this place would be so busy today!"

"No, it's fine, (Y/N), you couldn't have known," He said, taking your hand.

"Nah, it kinda is my fault. This place just opened up and it's Saturday, so..."

"Hey, don't worry about it. We're still gonna have fun!"

You nodded, smiling, "So which room should we do, though? We still haven't decided." You squinted your eyes, trying to read the sign above the counter, "They have... Sherlock Holmes theme, Frankenstein theme, and mystery box... Whatever that means."

You both moved up a few spaces in line. Scott replied, "Mystery box sounds, uh, mysterious to me."

"I'm actually kinda intrigued," You shrugged, "I vote that one!"

"Sounds good to me," He kissed your head, your face gaining more heat than Broiler Baby in return.

Some more time passed before you two were finally at the front of the line. A bored looking teenager was working the register. He began, sighing, "Welcome to Afton Escape Rooms. Which escape room would you like to do?"

You began digging through your bag, grabbing your wallet, "We'll do the mystery box, please."

Scott stopped you, "Let me pay."

"But-"

"Don't worry about it, I'll pay for us this time," Scott handed the grumpy teen the money.

"Ok, ok, but I'm paying for our next date!" You closed your bag and crossed your arms.

The teen rolled his eyes and gestured to the far right door, "Your 'adventure' begins in 5 minutes... Have an Escapee day."

There were three doors total. You assumed the rest led to the other escape rooms. You shrugged and took Scott's hand, leading him to the third door. You opened it, shutting it behind you two. You were met with complete darkness. You could not see your hand out in front of you, even when your eyes were starting to adjust to the darkness.

You gripped Scott's hand a bit harder, "Well this is an interesting start."

"Yea, do you think the lights will turn on?"

"Maybe when it starts," You shrugged, trying to peer out into the darkness to no avail, "I don't think anybody else chose to do this room."

"I guess it's just us."

"Just us, huh?" You smiled and clumsily wrapped your arms around his neck. You couldn't see anything, so it was a bit difficult to get to. You led him down to your lips and he wrapped his arms around your waist. It was a sweet kiss; you didn't want to get too spicy at a public space that probably had a security guard watching through the cameras. Though the kiss wasn't intense, it lasted for a while. It lasted until the lights finally came on, the adventure beginning after that five minutes as the cash register operator stated earlier. You parted slowly from Scott's lips and looked down to the side.

You both stayed like that for a moment until an announcer began talking through a speaker, "Welcome to Foxy's Pirate Adventure!" You separated from Scott, your face turning pale. The announcer continued, "Yarr! Foxy's being attacked by enemy pirates and you must find his hook so he can defend himself! If you don't find it in an hour, Foxy will have to walk the plank!"