2.42 Breach - Part 2

What can you do within four seconds?

Aidan had warned Flora that the arriving paladin was a tricky opponent and that a mage accompanied him didn't make the situation better.

The warrior was still alive as well. After he had picked himself up, he attacked Flora with his sword.

"Get yourself and the turrets out of the line of sight from the door," Flora commanded Aidan, ignoring the sword striking her mech-suit.

<Smite>!

Golly joined Flora in the melee, pelting the warrior in the head while still shooting cantrips out of the crystal on his forehead.

"Trip up Aito's chaser when they come through and ready the repairing turret to heal her Octopussy as soon as she appears."

<Smite>!

"Warrior's Might, embrace-" The shield guy yelled, but Flora interrupted him with a strike against his throat. When the next salvo of the turrets hit, he perished.

Just as the warrior fell to the ground, Aito dashed through the door. One of her tentacles grabbed the frame, and she used the resistance to take a tight turn. After a short flight, she slid across the floor and halted 10cm in front of the repairing turret.

<Cluster Maintanance>!

Flora channeled the repairing spell, albeit she could hear the enemies. Not only would Aito profit from it but also her mech-suit needed a fix. The invaders had destroyed the defensive turrets of the shop. If Flora could repair them enough, her offense would grow.

"Shield yourself, Golly." Flora pondered if she should take cover herself and let the golem take the first salvo. However, before she had decided, the enemies stormed through the door.

At least, they tried. Aidan's tentacle reached out and bound the ankle of the leading guy, a dark-skinned man wearing golden armor and a shield hovering above him. His long strides dragged Aidan over the floor until the Octopussy entangled the legs of the redhaired mage. With a tug, both went down.

"Splendid work, Aidan!" Flora cheered. "Hold tight!"

When the paladin brandished his sword, Flora interrupted the repair work.

<Energy Shield: Aidan-Octopussy>

The turrets and Aito shot at the downed mage, but the golden shield had flown into the path to protect him.

"Is he an animator?" Flora wondered.

"No, Milady. The paladin is a Divine Companion. The shield is one of the companions you can summon with this class."

Golly cast Lightning Storm again, and Flora joined him while she closed the distance for using Breath.

The mage shot a fireball at Aidan as the paladin's sword hammered on the Energy Shield. When the paladin hit it again, it gave out, and the blade landed on Aidan's tentacle.

The AI retaliated by using its lasers point-blank on the paladin.

His golden shield wavered but then inserted itself between its owner and the robot. It had lost its golden shine and burst apart under the lightning and laser beams.

<Lightning Breath> x 2

Shocked, the mage froze as Flora's and Golly's lightning electrified him.

While the paladin did also suffer from the lightning, he managed to cast Fortification of Faith and hacked Aidan's tentacle again. This time with success. He severed the appendage and sprang to his feet.