2.84 Tutorial Tower - Part 4

***************

Quest: The Tower Climb XVI

Description: Conquer the sixteenth level and advance to the top.

Rewards: + 1 OV Bonus to an attribute of your choice. +1 OV Affinity of the Boss's Domain.

Penalty: None. Except when you die, then the scenario ends.

Difficulty: SSS

***************

The Quest showed the same text as the previous one. However, the change was obvious when they entered the floor. The number of mobs had increased. Instead of three E-rated opponents, four cute monsters greeted them.

Although the neon-colored critters had three times Flora's HP, they had no skills. Their fists and teeth couldn't hurt the team enough to be bothering.

After the fight, Flora glanced into the next room. It had one more occupant than before, as well. Two Elven maiden with swords and one with a bow stood in front of the next barrier.

"I don't think we can continue in this way." Flora mused. "Maybe we should reduce the team and make the rest stronger. Sure, the damage from one more companion was nice, but it didn't help if everybody but me gets killed with just a couple of hits."

Aito pushed the clueless Dive-Tolly in Flora's direction.

Flora petted its head. "Thank you for your service." And disenchanted him. Then, she refreshed her Blood Rune Enhancement and divided the Mana-Reg between Gaccu and Tollster.

The Accordion Golem had now more HP than Flora, and she pumped all her mana-reg into the Mover. Because she had not enough nocks for the full amount, Flora had to assign her Establish Connection for the rest. Nonetheless, the Mover stood now at 1780 HP and 34% Damage Reduction, a clear improvement to its former 1270 HP and 28% Damage Reduction.

Flora gave Toto the same set-up as the former Dive-Tolly: Divine Metal-Lightning Enhancement and a set of Holy Spells to trigger it. At 38 MR/min he could now use both of his fists to pummel their opponents. The Octopussy profited from his increased stats but was still the group's frailest member with only 875 HP and 26% Damage Reduction. Oh well, Aito operated it, and she had shown Flora again and again that she was a superior combatant.

At last, Flora removed a shield from the storage inside the Mover. If she was forced to tank, she wanted to have something for her shield skills. That was the official explanation, and Flora stood by it. Maybe her equipment choice had a tiny bit to do with hiding behind a solid surface from all the scary monsters.

When the team entered the next room, the elves tore into the Mover. The sword maidens enhanced their swings with Windblades and the archer with Wind Shot.

The Mover's hit points sank steadily. Hence Flora activated her two Heal-Over-Times. After they killed the first, Gaccu could counter them. Nonetheless, it was a wake-up call for Flora.

"We'll sheep one next time," Flora said. She peeked into the next room and found two C-rated mobs. "And one of the soldiers now."

Of course, Flora had forgotten about her Wavering Wave-Ring's effect and destroyed the crowd control spell with a dot that hopped from the target over to the sheeped monster. She threw a beartrap at it, giving them 10 seconds more to kill the first opponent. Those two C-rated monsters did as much damage as the three D-rated elves.

Fortunately, the B-rated opponent was alone. Flora wasn't sure if it was a toad that looked like a fairytale witch or a witch that looked like a toad. The room had a Curse Domain, so something witchy was going on.