48. Robo Handler

"Milady, Aitoshuri sent a link to the umbrella class, Tinkerer. It connects Technician, Mechanic, Trapper, Surefire (Alchemist, Smith, Blaster), Robot Handler, Drone Pilot (Driver), and Magetechician (Runemaster, Technician). You've got only three of the four needed classes. There are additional requirements about achievements, inventions, designs, and modifications and their quality, but you already fulfill these."

"Great! Excellent job, Aito! I have already wanted to get Robot Handler, and Magetech sounds interesting as well! Learning about Runes and Alchemy is on my 'I will look into it as soon as I have time'-List. So how can we get one of those classes?"

"I'm sorry, Milady! I thought Robot Handler was only available at the Metaworld, but Aito found a hint that you can get it in the Garage if you have registered for the Robo-Melee. She also thinks that we might have a chance to acquire Magetechician at the Magetech Institute if we get the quest from Snoralga. The only other option to get the fourth class in the Metaworld is learning Blaster via a scenario and go from there."

Flora beamed back to the Garage. First, she rechecked the local network, whether she had overlooked a quest-giver.

Then she started to ask around. A forewoman referred her to Hangar 29, where the weekly was.

There, an old technician sent her to the managers in Hangar 12 to get permission.

Flora jogged to the hanger. After watching the receptionist polishing her nails for a quarter of an hour, she got access to the administrative staff. Before granting a permit, they wanted to have a certificate from the robot technicians in Hangar 31.

The robot technicians demanded to inspect the Blade-Roller-Extreme to judge if she was worthy of the class. For that, she had to fetch her robot from Hanger 29.

There, the old technician told her that she wasn't allowed to transport her own robot because of possible cheating. She needed first the approval of the managers in Hangar 12.

Flora changed into her new mech-suit because it had the built-in sprinting skill. Also, the soles of her old mech-suit, as well as Flora's temper, were near the boiling point.

The receptionist was still polishing her nails when Flora returned. After another wait, the managers sent her to hanger 3 to get a foreperson to accompany her.

The only one who had time was an ancient crone. Flora estimated that she was a good twenty to forty years her senior.

Carefully, the crone set her cane on the ground. Then she dragged one foot after it, then the second. After that, she placed the cane 10 cm further away and repeated the process. Three iterations later, she made a pause to catch her breath.

"May I carry you, Ma'am?"

"Haha, you young people are always so impatient!"

Instantly, Flora forgave her and the Garage everything. It had been decades since anyone had addressed her with something with the word 'young' in it.

Name: Qadima Muhandis

Class: Technician

Level: 250

Rating: B

RGS: 1

Flora fetched the Treasure Chest and transferred a good haul of the small parts into a sack. Then she exchanged it with the Hungry Chest and sat down inside of it.

"Do you want a ride, Ma'am?"

"No, no, dear. I'm fine! I might look old, but I'm fit for my age!"