2.28 SBAT - Attributes 3

After Flora accepted another slot of extra time, the slime on her clothes vanished, and she approached the exercise as recommended, scorching the blobs. For the last one, she needed two spells, but she had seen enough of Magical Power.

"Next Attribute!"

**************

Magical Micro-Control Exercises

**************

The first challenge consisted of blasting a target butt with five bolt skills. Flora had no issue with hitting the bullseye, but for the last spell, a column appeared between her and the target. She curved the lightning bolt around it. However, the scoreboard displayed that she only hit one of the inner rings.

"Good enough for the moment." Flora reminded herself that she wanted to be punctual for the Animator class.

The next challenge transported Flora onto the parapet of a castle. Below, a battle was raging. Flora's task was to place rain spells. She looked for congregations of fighters and cast Tempest on them. First, she went after the most people per spell, but then she spotted four enemy healers in the back, just within her casting range.

"Let's distract them."

When the lightning hit them, they dodged out of it, but everybody moved in the same direction, so Flora followed them with their personal storm cloud, cackling.

The last challenge returned her to the room. Flora had to stand on a platform in the center of a merry-go-round. The elephants, unicorns, and ostriches had health bars above their heads, and little pictures of them with their bars showed on Flora's HUD as if she were in a group with them.

The info board said that Smite was acting like a healing spell during the challenge, and Flora should use it to top off the damaged carnival rides. Flora frowned at the board.

"I don't feel comfortable using a damaging spell for healing."

When nobody reacted to her complaint, she ordered Aidan to display Smite, Fireball, and Healing Fireball next to each other. Flora tried to build a transformation for the damaging portion of Smite analog to the change of the diagrams from elemental damage to elemental healing. However, Spell diagrams and Prayer diagrams differed too much.

Flora closed the spells and opened Bless and Condemn. She knew somewhere in the chart had to be a projection of divine damage; she just had to find it. It didn't help that Bless and Condemn was an AoE spell and not Intent-based. Next, she studied Mantra. Although the prayer scaled with intent, Flora had no experience with dissecting channeled skills. Additionally, you could decide which pool to regenerate with it, and that section of the diagram left Flora's mind spinning. When she inspected Pray, she immediately recognized this part from mantra, but fortunately, there wasn't much else to complicate things.

**************

Do you want extra time?

**************

Absentmindedly, Flora confirmed the prompt. She now had a few ideas on how to adapt the prayer.

Flora cut out the core part of Pray and integrated it into the Smite diagram. Then she filled the chart with mana. Before she had finished, the construct exploded in her mind. Needles attacked her brain, but thanks to the pain reduction Flora hardly suffered. Only her concentration bar took a big dip.

Taking a deep breath, Flora stared again at the diagrams.

"Let's be professional about it." Flora circled and numbered five parts of Pray's diagram, starting with the area she had transferred. "Aidan, record the results. Test 1 explosion and brain attack."