"There was this sweet smell, in the bathroom last night, Angelo." I say.

"Almost chemical like but really sweet." I add. "Like a perfume but not really. Chemical." I add.

His eyebrows pull together.

"It came as soon as I turned on the tap." I say recalling. "And I felt light in the head-"

"You're trying to say that it was some sort of chemical or- drug?" He asks.

"I suppose." I say sitting straight. "I don't know- but I didn't feel sick to faint, Angelo."

He nods, his palm still cupping my cheek.

I can see in his eyes the knobs and bolts of his head turning.

Retrieving his palm from my cheek, he fishes out his phone dialing a number.

"I want the tank reservoir of the club checked, the ones connected to the suite and send an investigation squad. ASAP." He snaps before ending the call.

"How much do you recall?" He asks.

I shrug. "Only that much, I turned on the tap, I washed hands and I was about to reapply my lipstick but remembered I left by bag by your table so I was almost on my way out-"

"Did you see anyone?" He asks. "Or- felt- something?"

I shake my head. "No. There was nobody. The window-" I point at the bay window like window but small in size, covered with with curtains.

Angelo gets up, striding toward the window, ripping off the curtains to  a side.

It was open.

Jesus.

I get up from the water, grabbing a towel from the basket beside the tub, wrapping it around my upper body, under my arms, as I get out from the warmth enveloping me.

A shivering sensation running over my skin as I pad toward Angelo.

A burly man invades our privacy, pulling attention toward himself addressing Angelo by his tittle.

"Ricardo." Angelo jerks his head towards the glass enclosed double shower.

"I need the bathroom searched. Any trace, anything and the window examined, the sink. Look for any type of anesthetic or  narcotics that shouldn't be here."

"Boss." The man nods as a number of men, dressed in black enters the room, boxes of equipment in their hand.

"Come on." Angelo places a hand on the small of my back, my hand clutching where the ends of my towel meet as he leads me away from the preying eyes of the men.

Inside the bedroom, Angelo hands me his robe.

The same one he was wearing.

It smells of him and marijuana.

I shrug the silk on my body.

It falls at my ankles and trails some more behind me, as I take a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Do you think we have an invader?" I ask tentatively watching Angelo pull out his phone and dialing yet another number.

"Precisely, tadpole." He says. "I fail to find a reasonable explanation of you fainting all of a sudden, if you refuse to feel sick or unwell."

I left my sandwich at the bathtub. I think all of a sudden.

Disturbing.

I crinkle up my nose as I think back to it.