Chapter Nineteen

19
***
Hold me like you want to
Tell me what you're into
Let me take you back to old school
Baby let me show you
It's a big ol' world out there
And I just wanna be next to you
There's a spark in your eyes so rare
And I just know there ain't time to lose
You make me feel good
You make me feel, make me Feel, feel good
Make me feel, feel good
*Felix Jaehn - Feel good*
***

The next day we decided to stay in bed longer. We order breakfast in our room and just enjoy the peace of this beautiful suite. Just the size of this massive bed, if you know what I mean. Bradley wasn't able to leave his hands on his own and I enjoyed every single second.
After our sensual morning we decided to have lunch in the small town down the hill, Tintagel. It's a really small town, just a few streets, but nice old houses and a lot of shops about Merlin stuff. We decide to have a coffee at a little bakery. The weather is good enough to sit outside.
So we can watch all the other tourists walking down the streets and I ask Bradley: "Any other things planned I should know about?"
"No, just the normal sightseeing stuff, like everyone else is doing here. Thought we could go to the ruins today?"
"Yeah, I would love to."
We finish our coffee, grab something to eat for later and make our way to the ruins of Tintagel Castle. A lot of people are already visiting the ruins. The new bridge connects the two sides now.
On the bridge there stands a man, dressed in a cape and a wizard hat. He looks extremely crazy. He wanders around the people yelling something. First we can't really hear him, but the nearer we come, the more we can hear.
He finally turns around and we see that he even wears a fake beard.
Giggling I say: "Oh my god!"
He directly looks at me and yells: "YOOOOUUUUU...." And points at me: "Yeah, youuuuu...." His eyes are really crazy and his hands fingering on the opening of his cape
"Oh my god, is he doing what I think he is doing?" With wide eyes I look at Bradley who is laughing so much.
"Yeah, I think so!"
This fake Merlin finally managed to open his cape and under it, he is totally naked.
I snort in laughter while he yells again: "You, look, I'm Merlin the great wizard and this..." he points to his shaft, "... is my magic wand!"
Bradley and I can't help, we burst out laughing, I even need to hold myself on the balustrade, holding my belly.
The fake Merlin looks at us, confused: "You foolish disbelievers!"
Bradley finds his breath again and just replies: "Looks more like a tooth fairy stick!"
"Oh my god!" I laugh even harder.
The fake Merlin just closes his cape again and runs past us. I'm still laughing, my belly really hurts now.
Bradley yells after him: "But you can have a look at the Excalibur in my pants." and bursts  out laughing again.
Tears running down my cheeks from all the laughter. Bradley joins the laughter again, just like a few other people around us. A laughing man comes by, claps Bradley's shoulder and congratulates him to this reply.
We both leaning on the balustrade, trying to catch our breath again. Never experienced something like that and it's just hilarious.
"Oh my... your reply... I can't...." I try to say through my laughter.
"I'm sorry, I couldn't help, it's just popped out!"
"No, it was perfect!"
I try to get serious again, but it's not that easy. We always burst out laughing again. It really took us about 10 minutes.
"Oh my belly hurt so much." I wipe away the laughing tears.
"Mine too!" Bradley takes my hand and we start walking further down the bridge. He shakes his head
"What?" I ask him.
"I'm just trying to shake the laughing away, not that easy."
"Yeah, same here."
"Ok, theme change, maybe then we can get serious again." And his tone is really serious.
"Oh, everythings alright?" I ask him, surprised.
"Yes, it's just that.." He takes a deep breath, " I still need a new job."
"Ooookay, what you wanna tell me?"
And there it is, this fear that hadn't appeared in the last weeks. The fear he wants to leave again. That he made a decision without me again.
He stops walking, standing in front of my, my hands in his. His thumbs caressing my knuckles: "I thought about..."
"Oh my god, you will leave again, right?" Now tears of anger filled up my eyes and I turn myself away
"What??? Emy, NO!" He grabs my shoulders, turning me around again, "Emy, I told you, I will not leave you again."
I sniff replying: "You sure?"
He puts me in an embrace: "100 percent! I will not leave!" He pecks my lips.
"Why so serious then? You really scared me."
"Sorry, that wasn't my intention. I just thought about something and wanted to hear your opinion about it."
I look up at him: "What is it?"
"I thought, because the excavation never really happened, at least not with a good outcome, I would ask your Dean to permit another one."
"He definitely would, but the university has no money for that. We always need sponsors, like the bbc last time."
"You forgot about something." he answers smiling.
"What?"
"We have the money that would be needed."
"You mean...?"
"Yes, the compensation money. We haven't spent a cent from it now, and I promised you to make it true, and that's the way we could do it. And I could write about it, just like I did in Libya. And maybe we could achieve some sponsors with that."
"But how would we do all that?"
"Well, I thought I would buy a caravan, rent the equipment from the university just like the students as help and we should ask Tiffany if she would like to join us."
"Oh well, seems like you thought about it for a while?"
" Honestly, since the day I got fired. I told you I would do it for you, to make it possible to find the evidence that are needed."
" You are the sweetest, but you don't have to..."
"I know I know..." He interrupts me and sighs, "I don't need to do that, but I want to. When do you start to accept stuff like that?"
His palms capture my cheeks, leaning his forehead against mine.
"Ok ok, I try..."
He smiles saying: "Good! And you know what? This time all the credit goes out to you! Everyone who wants a piece of that cake, has to pay for your discovery and work."
"You seem pretty confident!"
"Because I know you and your ambition and I saw you working, so yes, I'm pretty confident! We will get through everything when we are back home, ok?"
"Yes. Thank you, for everything!"
"Thank you, for giving me these chances. I don't know what I would have done, if you would have just rejected me all the way."
"As far as I remember, I rejected you a lot. But you just never have up. So I guess, you would still try it." I caress his cheeks with my hands.
"Maybe you are right!"
"I'm glad you didn't give up."
"Me too!"