Chapter Twenty

***

I'm ready for the start of something new
I'm ready to depart from what makes me blue
I'm ready for my heart to let you through
But most of all,
most of all
I'm ready for the rain to pour down on me
I'm ready for a change to come and set me free
I'm ready for my loss to become victory
But most of all,
most of all
I'm ready for your love,
*Gorgon City - Ready for your love*

***

The following days are packed with making plans. We need to apply for permission again. We still want to explore the cave we found months ago. We have no idea how long it will take, but we hope it will happen a lot faster because we already had the permission, even it was from the BBC.

We had a long talk with my Dean and we have the full support of the university. Everything they have and we need we can borrow.
And of course, my students are fully in. They can't wait to go back.
We sit in our living room. Yes, ours! After our vacation, Bradley moved in completely.

"So, now we just need caravans again."
"And you really want to buy one? Not just rent?"
"If it's ok for you, I would love to buy one. We could use it later again, drive around the country."
"Oh, I haven't thought about that. Yes, I would love to do that."
He smiles at me: "Good, I hoped you would say that. And, we have something else to plan!"
"What?"
"Uhm, a wedding?"
"Which...Oooh, You mean..."
" Yes, Cherie, our wedding!" He says laughing.
"I'm sorry, I'm so excited, I really forgot."
"So, you are more excited about the excavation, yeah?" He replies fake pouting.
"Uhm, no?"
"Emy, that is a question!" But he grins.
"I'm sorry, really... I just..."
He places his hands on either side of my face: "I know and I know you!"
"Really?" I answer in an excusive tone.
"Of course..."
"It's not that it's not important to me it was just not..."
"Not in your head right now, because we spoke about the excavation. Emy, I know, you are an archaeologist with all your heart."
"Yes, but I guess I should be more here with my thoughts. I'm selfish, sorry!"
"It's ok! I know you want this like forever."
"Yes, but you are more important to me. I love you and I can't wait to marry you!"
He pecks my lips: "I can't wit either! Mrs. future Davis-Adams!"
"You thought about my last name yet?"
"Sure, I guess you would like to keep your name? In case you find the big evidence?"
"Well, it would be good to have a name that doesn't change after, but I would love to be Mrs. Davis, just Davis!"
"Really?"
"Yes!" We lock eyes with each other and he says slowly: "Then let's do it now!"
"Now??"
"Yeah, not right now, but maybe before we start the excavation?"
"You don't want a big wedding?" I ask him.
"I know you don't want a big wedding and I want, what you want."
"I always wanted a small wedding, just family and close friends and I always wanted to marry barefoot."
He throws his head back laughing: "That is so you, Emily, how could I ever think you would like anything else?"
I blush continuing: "And I always wanted either a wedding on a beach or forest."
"That we can do, what do you want more?"
"Beach I guess."
"Ok, good it's almost summer, so we can arrange that."
"Really?" I clap my hands in excitement
"Sure, everything you want. So, I guess, we can tell my parents and brothers at dinner that we are going to get married soon?"
"Yes!" I sling my arms around his neck, "Yes, I can't wait!"

His arms around my waist, he gently pushes me back on the sofa while kissing me.
Over my lips, he mumbles: "And now, we can practice for the wedding night!"

I giggle while his lips hover over my skin right to my sensitive spot, the earlobe. He nibbles gently and the tip of his tongue licks my skin softly. I stretch my head and moan quietly.

His right hand finds the entrance of my shirt and caress the skin of my belly before his fingertips tenderly drive over my breasts.
"No bra today?" He whispers in my ear.
"No!" I say in a low voice.
"Mmm, I like that." And I can feel him smile against my skin.