Chapter Eightteen

***

Is it love?

Come together!

Is it love?

Last forever!

Is it love?

In whatever I do!

Is it love?

Keeps me thinking of you!

*Miller & Connor - Come together*

***

Two months later

We are home for 8 weeks now. It was such a good feeling to finally come home.

I needed a while to gain my old strength back, but everybody helped. Bradley the most of course. He never left my side. I even had to kick him out of the bathroom sometimes. But I know he means well.

We are finally safe now. Really safe. The three guys who captured us are dead and one of them was their leader.

The last weeks were all about us, just being together, gaining strength again and trying to come over about what happened.

We talked a lot, that really helps.

And now? Bradley invites me to a real vacation. I have no idea where we are going, he just won't say a word about. He even packed my stuff, so I'm not able to guess anything.

His parents drive us to the airport. They were such a big help in the last weeks. They came by almost everyday, brought home cooked food, the first days they even tidied up, because I was still too weak. I told them that Bradley could do it, but well, Catherine had three boys at home, so she seems to be accustomed to it.

"Are you nervous?" James asks me.

"Oh, a little bit, yes."

"She doesn't like surprises." Bradley explains.

"I don't like them, I hate them and you know it."

"I know, but only this time, I promise!"

"Yeah, yeah, you have no idea what is happening in my head, otherwise you would tell me."

But he just kisses my knuckles: "You will see soon!"

Catherine just smiles, watching us through the mirror. She is the nicest future mother in-law I could ever imagine. And James of course too. You can totally tell where Bradley has his warm and caring character from.

James Parks the car and we head inside the airport. Bradley checks us in and finally I can see on the Tickets where we are going.

"Exeter???" I squeak.

"Yes Exeter." He smiles and my brian is working. What is in Exter that is worth a vacation?

"What..." Then it dawns on me, "Oh no, you did not..."

"Yeah, I did not what?" He says grinning and puts his arms around my waist, "I know you have been there before, but not with me. And I think we should go there together and you can be my Tour Guide...?"

I squeak again: "Yes, yes, yes..." I kiss him and whisper against his lips, "Thank you!"

In the corner of my eye, I can see Catherine and James standing there, hand in hand, she leaning her head on his shoulders, both grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

I let go of Bradley so we can say our goodbyes

We hug each other and Catherine sayas: "Come home safe you two."