Twenty-Two

***

And I will take you in my arms

And hold you right where you belong

Til' the day my life is through

This I promise you This I promise you

I've loved you forever In lifetimes before

And I promise you never Will you hurt

anymore I give you my word

I give you my heart

This is a battle we've won

And with this vow

Forever has now begun

*N'SYNC - This I promise you*

***

Wedding day

The last two weeks were exhausting. Between working, planning the excavation we planned this wedding too. Thank god, Anna, Catherine and my soon-to-be sisters-in-law helped a lot. Really a lot. They booked the hotel rooms for everyone, helped decide about the food, even found a DJ, because they said without a DJ it isn't a wedding.

I, for myself, don't care, because Bradley wouldn't dance. For me it would have been enough to marry, have a good meal with everyone and then end the day. But they all wanted to celebrate, so I gave up and agreed.

I'm just glad Bradley and I agreed only to invite family and really close friends. We are not going to be even 20 people.

We all arrived yesterday at the Grand Brighton Hotel, directly on the beach. The wedding begins at 11 o'clock, so after the ceremony, we can have lunch together.

All the women meet up at Bradley's and my room to get ready. I decided only Anna is my maid of honor because we have been through so much together.

"I can't believe this day finally happens". Anna speaks up.

"Why that?" I ask surprised.

Anna looks concerned and looks at Bradley's family: "Well, after everything that happened, almost 6 years ago, I thought you were made for each other, but after he left..."

"I still can't believe he never told you he was gonna leave, he told me back then, that he thought you were the one, and then he did that..."

Catherine interrupts and Olivia shouts out: "Wait? You didn't know he left for a year?"

"Nope, from one day, he just left and I never heard from him again for three years." I answer.

Jordan starts laughing: "And you still want to marry that douchebag?"

"Well, yes I do," I reply, "You all have no idea how hard he made it for me when we met again."

"What did he do, I mean, other than the excavation?" Olivia asks and the curiosity is clear to hear.

I tell them about the time near Stonehenge, what Bradley arranged and what he did other than that, like kissing me and making the deal to leave my working without distractions when I go to dinner with him.

Then Jordan yells: " Aaaw, but that's really sweet, isn't it? How many dates did you have?"

"Exactly one, then the incident with the cave happened and Bradley got fired. And then "everything else" happened." I put the words in marks because I really don't want to talk about it, not today. And everyone seems to get it, no one mentions what has happened.

"I'm just glad everything is perfect now and I don't have to murder someone for breaking your heart again." Anna says and we all start laughing.

"Don't worry, you wouldn't be alone Anna, we would gladly help." Olivia agrees.