Chapter Three

***

It must have been love but it's over
now It must have been good but I
lost it somehow It must have been
love but it's over now from the
moment we touched till the time had
run out
*Roxette - It must have been love*

***
Now
Three years later

Finally, the last day of class before semester break. Even for us Professors, it's time for a break. So, I'm standing in front of my students, who aren't listening anymore.
"So, I want your assignments on your last day of the break. You all should get it done because you have eight weeks from now on. At least I want to read 40 pages from every one of you."
Looking through the crowd, seeing a few heads nodding in my direction.
That's when I hear a voice and I could swear to know this voice but not from this class.
"Is it possible to get a little support from your side during the break?"

I'm confused because I can't see who is asking that. I'm scanning the crowd but no one seems to be the who asked.
"Well, you all know where to find me, if it's here on campus or at my home office. So, now you all, get the hell out of here, you aren't listening anyway."
All the students are grabbing their stuff, I turn back to my desk to do the same, still thinking about the question and from where the hell I know this voice.
After my bag is packed, I turn around and see there are only a few students left who are heading to the doors, when there is a face, I can only see for less than a second.
My heart stops for a second then it starts to race. That's not possible, it's just my imagination. Someone who looks like him.

I shake my head to get this off me and get out of the auditorium. I make my way to my bicycle and drive home.
During the short drive, my mind wanders back to a time, that feels like ages ago.
Even after all these years it just needs a smell or noise to remind me of him.
With thoughts about him, I enter my home. I love my house here in London so badly. It's old, yes but it is so cozy and exactly what I want. I open the door, let my bag fall right in the hall, and head to my kitchen for some coffee.

 I open the door, let my bag fall right in the hall, and head to my kitchen for some coffee

My thoughts still remain in the past and by the voice, I heard in my auditorium. Is it possible? It's almost three years since I last saw him. And still, my heart can't handle even the thought that it could be him.
Still standing in my kitchen, trying to displace the thoughts. I grab a book and my coffee and make me a comfortable place on my couch in the living room.
After reading a while I head to bed because even the students are on their break, my job is still waiting for me.

The next morning, I head to my office at the University. Most of my students would be here, to write their stuff in the library because it's quiet there. On my way, I grab myself some coffee and something to eat.
The building of the University gives me chills. All the stories it could tell, I would listen forever. It's like my own little Hogwarts.

 It's like my own little Hogwarts