¹², THE VISION

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter twelve; The Vision
" That was sweet. "

For Rowan, tomorrow couldn't be sooner

For Rowan, tomorrow couldn't be sooner. Every day after school, Sacha and Vanessa would be working with her for hours on end, pushing her past exhaustion. It was to no avail, though, seeing as the only thing Rowan could do on on her own at the moment was send a light leaf a few yards away. The weekend was the only time in which she could catch a break.

"So, I heard that you and Bella are friends again." Jacob spoke as he sat next to Rowan at the beach as they watched Quil and Embry play volleyball.

"We never stopped being friends," Rowan replied, playing with the sand in front of her. "but yeah, we resolved our issues."

"That's good. I knew you two would figure it out."

"Speaking of Bella," She said, "did you know that she has a boyfriend now?"

"Really, who?" Jacob asked.

"Three guesses." Rowan replied sarcastically, "Edward Cullen."

"What about Edward Cullen?" Quil yelled from across them, ignoring the ball that was flying towards him and hit his head upon impact. "Ow!"

Embry only rolled his eyes at him for not paying attention, but he let the volleyball roll down as he joined in on the conversation.

"Uh, Bella. She may or may not be dating Edward." Rowan repeated.

"Out of all the fish in the sea?" Embry derided.

"Seems so." She said, "They're attached to the hip at school."

"How does Evelyn feel about one of your best friends dating a Cullen?" Quil asked, "I bet she's pissed."

"Well, she's not too fond of the idea." Rowan told him.

Witches always had a natural distaste for vampires, since they went against everything they stood for. Being servants of nature by blood, they maintained balance within the world. And vampires went against the natural order, the undead who would feast on defenseless humans.

But with the shapeshifters, their hate for the cold ones went deeper. And even though Embry, Quil, and Jacob were still humans, they had Quileute wolf blood running through their veins. So that would explain their hate for the pale faces.

"Enough about the Cullens." Embry said, quite visibly repelled by the subject. "A little birdie told me that prom's coming up at your school. Has someone asked you?"

"I'm a lowerclassman, of course no one has asked me." Rowan replied, in an obvious tone.

"Well, that must be a relief for you, Jacob." Embry teased.

"He was so on edge about you getting a date. 'Do you think a guy will ask her to prom?'" Quil said, mimicking him. "'What will happen if she finds someone?'"