²⁰, ADRENALINE JUNKIE

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆.
chapter twenty; Found
" What a rush. "

For months, Bella secluded herself away from the world outside of her room

For months, Bella secluded herself away from the world outside of her room. She had barely stayed in contact with Rowan all throughout that time, choosing to instead sit alone during lunch, and refrained from visiting any of her friends.

Rowan would try to distract herself from the current greif she was feeling, inviting her to things such as her coven's Yule celebration for the winter time. But Bella would always call in, stating that she was feeling too blue. So after a while, she decided to let her have her space for the time being, and stayed away for a bit. Strangely, Rowan was beginning to feel her pain each time she was around her.

One morning before school, she had finished getting ready and had already begun leaving the house when a familiar red truck had already stood in front of her sidewalk, engine on. She squinted her eyes, making her way to the vehicle and opening the door. In the driver's seat, a meak Bella smiled as she threw a small wave.

"Can I drive you to school today?" She asked shyly.

* * *

The car ride began with an awkward silence, and Rowan trying to avoid Bella's gaze. She was confused as to why she had chosen to try to reconnect with her that day out of all the rest, but had resisted complaining due to being able to see her.

"I really missed you." Rowan finally said, looking over at her.

"I know, I'm sorry." "I missed you too."

"Months, Bella. It's been months. I have barely seen you all this time."

"I...

"Charlie's been telling my aunt that you are having nightmares?" Rowan said, changing the subject.

"Uh, yeah. You could say that." Bella chuckled slightly, only without any humor.

"You know, when I was a little kid, I used to have these god awful nightmares." She told her, "It got so bad that I would try to stay awake all night so I wouldn't get them. My aunt created a special mixture for me to take that helped me be able to feel calm during the night. whenever I had those dreams again, it made me realize that I was only dreaming, and that nothing could hurt me. Kind of like a witchy dream-catcher. I could have my aunt make some for you if you'd like."

"That would be great, actually. Thanks, Rowe." Bella replied with gratitude. "Also, I've invited Jessica to hang out tomorrow night... I was wondering if you wanted to go too?"

"Sure." Rowan simpered, "I'd like that very much."

* * *

Rowan did not ending up liking it very much. The entire time Jessica made it about herself, spewing on about boys or nonesense opinions. If it wouldn't risk the exposure of all things supernatural, she would have forced her mouth shut hours ago. But since she couldn't, Rowan only pretended to listen to all the things she was saying, nodding along every few minutes.

"I don't know why you want to sit through all the zombies eating people, and no hot guys kissing anybody it's gross, you know." Jessica ranted about a newly released horror film. "Why are there that many zombie movies anyway? If it's supposed to draw a parallel about leprosy, you know, my cousin had leprosy. It's not funny. You know?"

"Or, you know, maybe they're based off of real life events." Rowan teased somewhat, knowing that she had heard tales of witches so powerful that they would raise the dead when she was younger. "You never know what's out there."

"Funny, Rowan." Jessica said, rolling her eyes before continuing her ranting. "And is it supposed to be a metaphor for consumerism? Cause don't be so pleased with your own self-reverential cleverness. You know? Like some girls like to shop. Not all girls, apparently. Although I was surprised that you even called at all, Bella. You know? Like your depression thing, I get it I'm totally, totally worried. But after a while it's like you're still bumming? And I mean I'm going through stuff too, you know? Like Mike said he just wants to be friends. It's hard, you know?"

"Jessica," Rowan finally said, interrupting her. "I don't know."

Finally realizing that the group of three had stopped for some odd reason, Rowan noticed that it had been because of Bella. She stood there, as if she were in a trance. Jessica took notice of this, stepping in front of her.

"Dude, come on."

Bella turned to look into an alley full of grown motorcyclists who seemed to be catcalling the three. "I think I know those guys?"

"What the hell, no you don't?" Rowan squinted.

"We got beer, we got bikes!" One of them shouted.

"Well, they seem great. Can we go?" Jessica asked.

"I actually agree with her." Rowan said.

"I'm just gonna see something." The pale girl spoke, walking away from them.

"Hey girly!" An older man yelled.

"Bella, Bella! Get back here!" Rowan said, following after her. She grabbed her sweater, but she pulled away harshly, continuing down.

Rowan stood in place, halfway into the alley as she watched her friend make her way to a stranger and onto his motorcycle. That's when she found herself running towards the small group of bums. But it was too late. They had already taken off.

Another man who seemed to be about the same age as the person Bella left with tried approaching Rowan, but she quickly scared him off, no powers needed. Jessica followed behind, and the two waited for almost ten minutes before they finally saw Bella walking towards them.

"Hey, what the hell's wrong with you? Just curious?" Jessica snapped.

"Yeah, Bella, what was that?" Rowan said.

"I thought that I saw something." She said as an excuse.

"I don't care if you thought you saw Stevie Nicks at the edge of that street!" Rowan barked, "You don't go up to creeps like that! You almost made me...well... you know what you almost made me do."

"You're insane, actually. Or suicidal. That 'homeboy' could have been a psycho. We were about to end up in an FBI interview room like some lame TV show."

"That was such a rush." Bella mumbled, ignoring their concern.

"Awesome so you're an adrenaline junkie now, that's cool. You can go bungee jumping. You don't get on the back of some random loser's motorcycle." Jessica spat, walking ahead of Bella with Rowan.