chapter 23: saint valentine

3:34 PM, Sunday, February 14th, 2022

Today was Valentine's day, which meant you were giving a gift to Beomgyu. Going out to meet someone on a day like this meant level one hundred in your parent's suspicion radar, so you decided to finally tell them.
"Fathers, I have something to tell you," you sat them down at the dining room table.
"Okay..." they were a bit confused at your determined face.
"I have a boyfriend!" you said theatrically.
"What?" one of your dad's said.
"Yes! His name is Choi Beomgyu, he's in my science class, and I would like to go see him for Valentine's today." you put your hands on the table.
"I knew it!" one of them said.
"Huh?"
"You're our gorgeous daughter how could you not have boys crushing on you!" your dad said.
"I'm adopted..." you said.
"We raised you though!" the other objected.
"How long have you two been dating?" he asked. You paused.
"She's thinking!" one's eyes widened, the other gasped.
"How long have you been keeping this from us??" he asked.
"About six months," you said confidently. It was better to be open than be shy when you reveal a secret to your parents.
"Y/N!" they covered their mouths. Has it really been that long? you thought. Time has really flown by this year...

______

"Open!" you removed your hands from Beomgyu's eyes. The two if you sat on a bench in the Front Park, the sun was shining a lot that day for a cold season.
"Wah~!" he marveled at the present you prepared for him. It was a red hoodie with a box of cherry cordials.
"Thank you~" he pinched your cheek.
"Ew," you removed his hand.
"My turn!" he covered your eyes with just one of his hands as he shuffled around for his present. You clasped your hands together smiling.
"Ta-da~!" he smiled brightly. In his hands he  held two tiny locks and keys; like the ones you see on diaries. You looked up at him with a raised brow.
"Here, hold these," he put the small locks and keys in your hands. Then, he took one of the locks and locked it around the chain he originally gave you. How long have I been wearing this? you were surprised since you had honestly forgot you were wearing it.
"Will you do mine?" he revealed his chain which was hiding underneath his shirt. You fumbled the lock into your fingers, delicately locking it around the chain.
"Now look," he picked up one of the tiny keys and unlocked your lock.
"We can wear these and each keep a key for the others!" he said.
"It's like supposed to be symbolic or something? I don't know I just thought it was a cool idea," he shrugged.
"I think it's cool too," you patted his head.
"Okay now can we please stop being cute and go eat!" he jumped up. You chuckled.
"Okay, okay," you stood.

______

You and Beomgyu walked on the sidewalk alongside each other, hands together.
"Lee Joowon?" you stopped in your tracks as you spotted a blonde headed girl.
"Y/N?!" JooE's eyes widened.
"What are you doing around here??" you smiled widely, excited to see an old friend.
"I'm meeting up with a friend," she brushed here hands through her hair.
"How's school?" she noticed you and Beomgyu holding hands.
"It's good," you winked at her. She looked down at her phone and then met eyes with you again.
"My ride is here but we need to hang out soon okay?" she patted you shoulder.
"Let's do it!" you said as she walked away.
"Who was that?" Beomgyu asked.
"Oh that's my friend Joowon, she goes to my old school," you said.
"Like that Chuu girl?" he said.
"Yep! The three of us would always hang out," you told him.
"Oh so they were like Yeeun and Choerry?" he said. You had never thought about that before. He's right, you began to think about all the things that matched up in your old and new worlds. Two close friends and a secret (not so much anymore) boyfriend.
"Huh, I guess you're right." you looked at him. He just smiled and put his arm around you.
"Let's go!" he moved you forward. Maybe things aren't as different as I thought they were.

a/n: miss y/n always has some sort of live laugh love type beat thing to say at the end of every chapter. okay i'm listening to d-1 by yves MMMM very good, yeah this was a cute chapter okay bye!