chapter 35: reunited

12:46 PM, Thursday, April 8th, 2022

"Basketball game?" you said.
"Please, please! We made it all the way to the finals," Beomgyu begged. You and Beomgyu were standing outside in the school courtyard. It was lunch period and he had snuck you away for a while to ask you to come to his basketball game.
"I mean I don't see why not," you smiled. Now that I think about it, I've never even been to one of his basketball games before, you realized. You were usually working when he had games, so it wasn't like you were trying to miss out. Not to mention, the school team had actually made it to the finals.
"I just can't believe you made it all the way to finals and I didn't even know about it," you pouted. Beomgyu chuckled.
"It's not like I talk about it much anyway," he smiled.
"Why don't you talk about it more?" you asked.
"Well I like listening to you talk way more," he winked.
"Ugh, cut it out," you rolled your eyes and pushed his head playfully.
"Also, you probably wouldn't understand the stuff so would talk about," he said.
"I could've learned!" you folded your arms. He laughed.
"What? Do I look funny or something?" you asked.
"No, you're just naturally funny," he giggled.
"Yeah, yeah, go talk to someone else about basketball then, since I don't get it," you huffed. He laughed again.
"You just hate to not know things," he pointed at you.
"Whatever," you said.
"Do I need to buy a ticket or something?" you asked.
"To the game? Nah, not until college," he smiled. College, you sighed.
"Are you gonna do basketball for college?" you asked. Now that I also think about it, we haven't really talked about our futures together, you thought.
"Not that I know of, I'm not a star player like YangYang or something, so it's not in my sights really," he said.
"I'm sure you could do it," you told him.
"You haven't even seen me play," he grinned.
"I'm always right," you said.
"Sure..." he smirked.

______

Seriously?? Why'd you do this to me Aunt Minnie! you ran down the street. Your boss, (owner of the bakery café, and aunt of your coworker Soobin,) had just called you, asking you to come in last minute. You had just made it out of school for the day too. Crap, crap, crap! you sped up as the shop was in your sights.

"Incoming!" you yelled as you swung open the belled shop door. Thankfully, it was empty.
"Heyo!" a hand waved from behind the counter. Then, a tall body followed as it rose up.
"Hey Soobin, where's my apron?" you said to yourself as you rushed behind the counter.
"Don't worry, the sports club food rush isn't until like, thirty minutes," the boy reassured you. You grabbed your work apron and visor from the back room.
"I seriously booked it here," you panted as you joined Soobin.
"Looks like it," he chuckled.
"What're you doing this weekend?" Soobin asked.
"Why do you ask?" you replied.
"Well 'cause we never have the weekends off," he said.
"True," you smiled.
"I'm going to a basketball game," you said.
"No way, me too!" Soobin replied.
"Really? Which one are you-" you were cut off by the door opening.

A familiar girl with a familiar uniform walked in.
"Hey-hey-hey!" she approached the counter.
"What're you doing here?" you said, leaning over the counter. Choerry smiled.
"I'm bored!" she said cheerfully.
"And Hyunjin left school early," she sighed.
"Hyunjin?!" you blinked.
"We were supposed to work on our project again, I mean it's almost done, but ugh, he always has something to do," Choerry rolled her eyes. They sure have gotten close, you were surprised. Choerry looked behind you.
"Oh hey Soobin!" she said to Soobin, who was just staring at the drink machine awkwardly.
"Huh?!" he jumped. Choerry laughed.
"Oh hey Yerim," he said awkwardly.
"Call me Choerry," she smiled. Soobin's ears started to turn red.
"What can I get you?" you asked.
"Hm, a slice of pecan pie and a large peach green tea," she said.
"Make sure not to drink it all at once or you'll almost pee yourself again like last time," you said as you wrote a PG on a plastic cup in sharpie. Soobin snickered.
"Shut up!" she giggled.