chapter 6: halloween special

7:01 PM, Saturday, October 31st, 2021

"I did not think this many people would be here." you were standing in Choerry's living room.
"It's Choerry what'd you expect, she could be friends with a wall if she wanted to." Yeeun joked.
"You're not wrong." you sighed.
From what you could tell Choerry invited her entire softball team, some boys from the basketball team, Yeeun, Jeno, Beomgyu, some of your classmates, and you to her Halloween party.
"Y/N!!" Choerry hugged you.
"You look so good!" Yeeun said to Choerry.
"Awww, thank you!" she hugged Yeeun.
"Y/N what's that behind you?" Chuu walked up next to Choerry.
"Huh?" you turned around.

"Ahhh!!" you weren't expecting someone to be behind you

"Ahhh!!" you weren't expecting someone to be behind you. The girls starting laughing.
"Sorry, they made me do it," the girl shuffled over to Choerry.
"Where's Yeojin?" Chuu asked.
"I don't know, she said she was gonna do it with me, but she disappeared." the black-haired girl said.
"Y/N, this is Park Chaewon, but her super awesome softball team code name is Gowon," Choerry said. I guess she wasn't lying when she said some of them have stage names.
"You guys lost your friend?" Yeeun asked.
"I'm sure she's somewhere around here," Choerry said.
"Yeah, Yeojin is so small sometimes you lose her," Chuu said.
"ViVi and Haseul are gonna kill us if they find out though," Gowon said.
"Softball people?" you whispered to Yeeun.
"Yup," she replied.
"Let's get looking," Choerry said.
"I'm gonna go get chips, wanna come?" you asked Yeeun.
"I'm just gonna go with them." Yeeun pointed to Choerry, Chuu, and Gowon who were walking to a different room.
"Okie-dokie!" you walked to the kitchen.

You were checking your makeup in the dark window reflection when you saw something behind you.
"Not today." you pinched Beomgyu's nose from behind.
"Ouch!" he rubbed his nose.
"What is it with everyone trying to scare me?" you turned to him.
"Halloween?" he said.
"Maybe, what's up?" you opened a bag of chips.
"Nothing, I just want to hang out." he put his arms around your waist.
"Idiot, we're going to get caught." you fed him a chip. He frowned at you.
"C'mon." you put the chips down, and took his hand, sneaking over to the bathroom. You locked the door.

______

"So he went to the stairs and said, mom are you upstairs?" a girl said.

It was a softball team member, Olivia Hye, who was telling scary stories

"Yes, the voice said." she had a flashlight pointed at her face. Yeeun walked in the room.
"Ghost stories? Are we twelve?" she whispered to Jeno, sitting down next to him.
"It's actually fun." he moved closer to her.
"So he goes up and he doesn't see her, but he sees the attic door cracked open so he says, mom are you in the attic?" Olivia said.
"Yes, the voice answered."
"Should I come in? the boy asked."
"Yes, the voice said." Chuu and Choerry held each other.
"He saw an eye looking at him through the door crack as he got closer, is that you mom? he asked."
"Yes, the voice answered, he had just put his hand in the knob when he heard the front door open," Olivia said.
"Sweetie I'm home! he heard his mom from downstairs." Gowon closed her eyes shut.
"Mom you're not in the attic? he yelled down."
"Nope, she said. He shut the attic door quickly." Olivia grinned.
"Eek! That's so creepy." Yeeun said.
Olivia laughed.
"Where's Beomgyu and Y/N?" Jeno said.
"C'mon we just found Yeojin, we can't lose two more people!" Choerry said.
Coincidentally, you and Beomgyu walked out into the living room where everyone was sitting. Everything got quiet.
"Where were you guys?" Yeeun asked.
"And why does Beomgyu have a red smudge on his lips?" a boy with orange hair chimed in.

It was YangYang, Beomgyu's basketball teammate. Beomgyu looked at you. Everything was quiet.
Shoot.
"I was doing his makeup in the bathroom, doesn't it look spooky?" you smiled. Everyone seemed to believe you as conversation began to spark back up.

Thank the heavens you were so good at lying on the spot. He patted you on the back.
"That was a clever one," he said.

a/n: WHAT DID THEY DO IN THE BATHROOM???? we will never know >:) or will we??? anyways SHOUTOUT TO HYEJOO AND CHAEWON AND MISTER YANGYANG EVEN THO HE LIKES CARDI OVER NICKI???? he's a little...lost! this was a cute chapter! love loonathesoftballteam