chapter 31: perverts [16+?]

3:40 PM, Saturday, March 20th, 2022

"Yeah, so it's like Twilight, but it's so cheesy that it's hilarious," Soobin told you as the two of you stood in the empty bakery. It was already the next weekend and you had twenty minutes until your shift was over with.
"Oh my gosh like Brother's Conflict?" you replied. Anime was always something you and Soobin could connect on.
"Please, one minute all of the dudes will be verbally harassing her, and then the next minute their basically sexually harassing her. It's wild," Soobin was ranting about a romance anime he had watched whilst wiping down the drink station.
"So that's called...?" you handed him another rag.
"Diabolik Lovers," he finished your sentence.
"Of course it is," you scoffed.
"This is why I just watch shounen and mind my business," Soobin sighed.
"Hey don't disrespect just cause you watched a two-dollar budget, thirteen-year-old girl's vampire fantasy come to life," you told him. Suddenly, your phone buzzed. You pulled out your phone to see that Beomgyu was calling.
"One sec," you said to Soobin as you raised the phone up to your ear.
"Hello?" you said.
"Y/NNNNN~!!!!" he "grumble-yelled".
"W-what? What's going on?!" you asked in a worried tone.
"Nothin', just chilling, what about you?" he asks casually.
"Seriously? Ugh, I'm at work," you sighed after realizing he was just messing with you.
"When do you get off?" he asked.
"Four? Why?" you leaned up against the counter.
"Really?! That's like super close!" he sounded excited.
"Your point...?" you knew he was planning something. You looked out the window. It was gloomy and damp outside, still cold too. Just when you had thought the weather was warming up. We can't really go anywhere in this weather, you thought to yourself.
"I'm home alone!" he rejoiced through the phone speaker. Eh?
"Are you scared?" you felt like messing with him back.
"Eh??? Me? Scared? No!!!! I called because I'm lonely~!" he whined.
"I feel like a kindergarten teacher right now," you said.
"Are you calling me childish?" Beomgyu giggled.
"Really childish," you said.
"Please come over after your work!!" he begged. Your work? Why did he say that so weirdly? Whatever, you saw people approaching the store.
"Soobin!" you called out to your blueberry-haired coworker.
"Gotchu!" he walked up to where you were standing at the register.
"Go finish your call," he smiled at you. You walked off to the back room.
"I'll have to call my parents and tell them I'm going somewhere after and that's a lot of work," you said lazily.
"I miss you Y/N," he continued to beg. You tapped your foot, debating what to do.
"We saw each other yesterday!" you pointed out. I miss him already too, so why is it hard for me to just say yes? I would really like to see him right about now, this is frustrating. Is this just how I flirt? Or is it something different? your subconscious thought. Those were thoughts you couldn't hear clearly. More like your emotions speaking up. You knew you felt that way but you couldn't hear it yet; your mind ignored those thoughts.
"Please," his tone changed. He seemed serious. Like he wasn't playing around or acting childish.
"Okay, okay, I'll be there," you gave in.
"I'll make a detour to your house after I get off work," you said. See? That wasn't so hard! it spoke. But of course, you couldn't hear it.

______

He better have a full pantry for the steps I've walked in this stupid cold weather, you refrained from using swear words to explain the temperature. You made it up the steps of Beomgyu's front porch, raised your knuckles to the door and banged on it. Woah, deja vu, you felt a wave of nostalgia-like feelings come over you. It brought you back to the first time you went to Beomgyu's house. You realized you had the same hairstyle as you did that day. Huh, you smiled to yourself. Look how far I've come, still waiting on a stupid boy to OPEN THIS DOOR! you huffed. The doorknob jiggled from within and slowly, the door opened to a familiar face. Your deja vu only strengthened as his face greeted you the same way it did on that day. No, this was actually a bit different, you thought to yourself as the door opened wider. Now and then, his face had excitement written all over it, but then, it was a nervous excitement, now, it's a happy excitement. A comforting one. I wonder if it's because I've changed, so I perceive him differently. Or maybe he has? you thought. Of course, it was your subconscious at it again. All Beomgyu did was open the door in real-time, but in the back of your mind, he opened up conversation.
"Finally!!" he pulled you into the house. Immediately he wrapped you into a hug, his feet dancing around.
"Do you have any snacks?" you asked as you pat his back.
"Of course we do," his fingers gripped your shoulders.

______

You and Beomgyu spent your time doing nothing special. You mostly just ate food downstairs and talked about people at your school. Now, the two of you laid lazily on his bed next to each other. There was a calm silence between the two of you. The sound of Beomgyu's ceiling fan and each other's breathing filled the room. Your feet hung off the bed as you were laying on it sideways. Your thighs rubbing together as you mindlessly fidgeted.
"Do you like it here now Y/N?" Beomgyu asked. His voice was a bit crisp.
"What do you mean by that?" you looked at him through your eyebrows.
"Well I mean, I just wonder how you feel about this place compared to your old town," Beomgyu asked. It was nice to have someone interested in your thoughts and feelings.
"Well, it's a lot smaller than my old town, but that's sort of how I like it," you said.
"I think it's nice that I can walk or take the bus basically anywhere and school isn't super crowded," you continued.
"I think it's a lot better than where I was," you smiled.
"Yes!" he whispered.
"Why is that so great?" you chuckled.
"I don't know, I'm just glad that you're happy here," Beomgyu began to play with your fingers.
"Are you saying that cause you know I wasn't happy when I started here?" you asked him. He nodded silently. Though you had brought it up, the fact that he understood you lit a fire in your heart. It felt like the two of you were the only people in the world for just a moment. You loved these types of moments so dearly that it pained you to see them go. Like the night outside the bakery, or the first time you kissed.

You rolled over onto your stomach.
"So do you want to..." you trailed off. Maybe we could take some photos or watch a movie? you thought to yourself.
"Right now?" his eyes widened.
"Hm..." you seemed to be off in your own thoughts.
"Do you have any-" you looked back up at him to ask a question but he cut you off.
"Yeah I have some," he said in an excited tone.
"Y'know it's been a while for me," you sighed.
"I know, obviously," he thought your comment was a bit weird.
"Well I'm fine with anything as long as you've got a subscription for it," you said.
"Subscription?" he said.
"Yeah, I don't care if I've seen it before," you told him. There was a strange silence.
"Y/N," he looked down.
"Yeah-huh?" you responded.
"I don't think we were talking about the same thing..." he said.
"What'd you mean?" you asked.
"I thought you were talking about..." he paused.

"Sex."

"Eh?"
Just then, your face erupted in a heatwave of fluster. It had been a while since you had felt so dumb yet so embarrassed at the same time.
"Choi Beomgyu!" with the reflex of a super-hero, you reached back to the pillow behind you and brought it down onto his face.
"Sorry~!" his voice was muffled underneath the pillow.
"You pervert! If you had just let me finish my sentence you wouldn't have misunderstood me!!" you hit your hands on the pillow over his face.
"You shouldn't have said it in that misleading way!" he protested.
"I was just mumbling my thoughts!" you rolled over to your side as he removed the pillow. He smiled at your back.
"My bad, my bad, I won't interrupt you again," he traced figure eights on your back. You huffed.
"I'll go lock the door," you said quietly. He raised an eyebrow.
"Now we're both perverts," Beomgyu grinned.

a/n: ZOOOOOWEEMAMA yall is this good like butterfly inducing or cringe inducing??? i'm not sure looking back at it! maybe it's just cause i wrote it tho! LOVE YALLL EEEEEEK HOOCHIEZ 4LIFE <3