chapter 28: downpour

5:51 PM, Thursday, March 11th, 2022

Beomgyu was gone now, and you weren't sure what to do. You weren't going to cry because you knew you could fix this. You weren't giving up. You immediately exited the sandwich place, leaving your foot long behind. You felt sick. You couldn't eat. Maybe I should just jump off a cliff right now, you thought. Whenever something bad happened your mind immediately went to saying things like that. The thing is, you never actually wanted to do those things, it just seemed like words to release your anger with. Your phone buzzed again. You rolled your eyes knowing who was calling without even having to look. You decided to answer.
"Y/N?" Hyunjin's voice asked through the phone.
"Hyunjin I need to listen up and listen clearly,"you said.
"What?" he said.
"I can't keep ruining my own life holding onto the past, so I felt I should tell you this as soon as possible," you said. He was silent.
"Please do not ever call, text, or talk to me ever again unless it's completely necessary," you said.
"I've come to realize a lot of things today and I don't want to hurt any of my friends anymore," you continued.
"I hope that you move on and become happier," you said.
"What happen-" you cut him off.
"I don't want to talk about it, it's not your business anyway," you said.
"Now I'm sorry if this call came off rude but things need to be ended." you said before hanging up.

______

[HYUNJIN]

What the hell happened to Y/N? he wondered. All I wanted to say was thank you and she reacts like this? What did she say? Something about the past ruining her life? Something must've happened between her and Choi Beomgyu...right? Hyunjin walked quickly down the road, a basket of fruit in his grip. It was getting cloudy quick, rain would be sprinkling any second now. That Choi Beomgyu, if he hurt her I'm going to kill him, he thought. Wait, he stopped. What am I saying? We're over, and she just told me to get lost, so why am I acting like this? he wondered. As if the gods were listening to his thoughts, Choi Beomgyu came speed walking up the other side of the road. Hyunjin immediately noticed, but Beomgyu did not. Beomgyu had a sense of frustration in his walk, Hyunjin had observed.
"This town is seriously too small," Hyunjin said just loudly enough to get Beomgyu's attention. Beomgyu slowly turned around, an annoyed face greeting Hyunjin.
"What do you want?" Beomgyu asked rudely.
"Geez, who set you off?" Hyunjin scoffed, he knew exactly why Beomgyu looked that way.
"It's none of your business," he said.
"You look surprised to see me," Hyunjin grinned as he crossed over to Beomgyu.
"It's not that you come across a huge prick everyday," he said. Hyunjin rolled his eyes.
"Look, I'm just gonna cut to the chase with this one," Hyunjin scratched the back of his neck. Beomgyu took two steps back.
"If Y/N came running up to me in a mess of tears, asking me to be her boyfriend again, I would do it in a heartbeat." he said.
"And?" Beomgyu rolled his eyes.
"And I would sweep her up into my arms, and I would take her back to my house, and we would-" Hyunjin was cut off.
"What the hell is your point?!" he said.
"Well the story ended with us happily married having three beautiful children, but since you're no fun, I'll tell you the meaning to that fairytale,"
"It is a fairytale," Beomgyu folded his arms.
"The meaning is that if you don't fix whatever you've got going on with her, then I would snatch her up when she's at her lowest, and treat her like a queen for the rest of her life," Hyunjin said.
"And if you don't want that happening, than you should act quickly Choi Beomgyu." he said.
"The hell did you just say to me?" Beomgyu stepped closer to Hyunjin.
"She called me and told me to never speak to her again," Hyunjin looked down. There was a silence.
"I have to tell you Choi Beomgyu, she has endured a lot of pain to make herself happy again," Hyunjin broke the silence.
"And that includes keeping you happy as well," he said. Beomgyu was silent.
"If you were in the same position as Y/N, and even though she hurt you, and made your new girlfriend, that you love more than her jealous," Hyunjin spoke.
"Wouldn't you still bring her back to school and wish her the best?" Hyunjin looked back up at Beomgyu. Beomgyu wasn't sure what to say.
"I don't need to know your answer, I'll just leave you with that information," he said.
"You really are lucky I'm better person now," Hyunjin stepped back.
"I'm practically handing her to you," Hyunjin knew what he was saying was far fetched, but he felt that Beomgyu needed to hear it. And with that, he began whistling a tune. The same tune you heard him whistle in the café. A tune he would whistle frequently around your old school. Hyunjin then continued down the road, whistling away, with the fruit basket in his hand. Beomgyu was still left standing, not sure what to do. I really am a good person now aren't I? Hyunjin thought to himself. It's all thanks to her though, he smiled as he fastened his pace.