chapter 42: true or false

3:36 PM, Friday, June 12th, 2021

[FLASHBACK]

After Hyunjin had spoke about maybe telling the others about your relationship, you took off. You ran back to the building where your locker was and went to the restroom. You took off your green dress and changed back into your regular school uniform. You weren't planning on riding on the bus with your dress on anyways. It was too hot out to cover until up with a jacket and call it a day. So you decided this was the easiest option.

You walked down the busy school courtyard. Many students were still chatting and celebrating the last day of school instead of running off to their buses and cars. For you, it was the same as always. You felt a weird feeling in your heart. Like it was conflicted. To think that Hyunjin was finally ready to tell his friends about the relationship felt unreal. You gripped your almost empty school bag. Maybe I shouldn't have run away, you thought. I just didn't want him to say anything, you bit your lip. After months and months, it was the one thing you had always wanted. Sadly, it was just too late. You had already decided on changing schools and frankly, you were tired with feeling like a second place winner. You wanted nothing to do with envy and sadness anymore. Maybe this is really it though, you thought. It was hard to resist temptation. I mean what if we really did start living as a public couple? you wondered. Picturing it left your heart distraught. Probably because it sounded really nice. Can I really leave him like this? What if I hurt him? you thought. You continued on, getting closer to the bus stop. Images of his smiling face crossed your mind; and you could feel yourself starting to develop feelings of regret. It was like one of those "save-a-puppy-today" commercials that purposefully pull at your heartstrings. Does he really deserve this kind of goodbye? you thought. I wouldn't want it, you knew. Just then, you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket. You reached into your pocket and grabbed your phone. It was a text from Jiwoo.

jiwoo
3:39 PM

jiwoo: y/nnnnn

y/n: ?

jiwoo: we're going to go get pizza as a graduation celebration type thing U SHOULD COME PLS

jiwoo: ur still here right?

y/n is typing...

y/n: who's coming?

jiwoo: just me and joowon

y/n: lemme see if i can

jiwoo: PLEASE PLEASE

You sighed. If it's just them...maybe? you were already super tired from walking around school all day. I want to talk to Hyunjin though, you thought of how he was probably waiting for at the bus stop already. Maybe if I talk to him about how I've been feeling, maybe he'll understand and we can talk it out? your mind was already wandering off. As you swiped out of your text message with Jiwoo, you noticed that you still had one unopened message. You furrowed your brows at this. A text from Hyunjin? you realized as you opened the app again. You clicked on his name. It was a message from when you had been texting him about taking pictures earlier. You vividly remember shutting off your phone while he was typing so you assumed this must've been the last message.

hyunjin
2:13 PM

hyunjin: ok where you wanna meet? i was thinking we could go in the greenhouse? i'll just tell everyone i'm going to the bathroom

You stared down at the message. Like your hopes and dreams had just been crushed. The black letters on your screen taunted you. He never had any intention of taking pictures in front of his friends, you bit your lip as you stared down at your phone. I can't believe I actually thought things could get better, your vision blurred as your eyes watered. He's still ashamed if me. He never really meant he said. I'm such an idiot, your face strained. Just then you got another text.

jiwoo
3:43 PM

jiwoo: Y/NNNN PLS ANSWER THE BUS MIGHT COULD GET HERE ANY MINUTE

The message pulled you out of your tears. You sucked them up and sniffled. You bit your lip, thinking about what to do.

y/n: i'm on my way

jiwoo: YAYAYAYAYA <3333

Screw it, he can sit on the bus alone. I'm not gonna let him ruin my night.

a/n: OKAY ANYWAYS I THOUGHT I RESPONDED TO LIKE MOST ALL OF YALLS COMMENTS BUT APPARENTLY I DONT?? ALSO SORRY TO ANYONE WHO PUT MY STORY IN THEIR LIST AND DIDNT GET A THANK YOU MESSAGE FROM ME I TRY TO THANK EVERYONE BUT SOMETIMES I MISS PPL! ALSO I JUST WANT TO CLARIFY THAT Y/N HAS NEVER CHEATED ON BEOMGYU WITH HYUNJIN AND THAT CHAPTERS THAT START WITH "[FLASHBACK]" (like this one) AT THE TOP TAKE PLACE DURING THE PREVIOUS YEAR! PPL KEEP GETTING CONFUSED AND I FEEL BAD SORRY! <3