chapter 43: insecurity is contagious

1:21 AM, Saturday, May 7th, 2022

You laid in your bed, moving your thumbs swiftly across your phone screen as you smiled to yourself.

beom <3

1:21 AM

beom <3: she said i looked like a bum :(

y/n: ur mom is hilarious

beom <3: A BUM THO?? CAUSE I WORE PAJAMA PANTS TO THE MALL??? she's a hater!

y/n: LMAO I WOULD HATE ON YOU TOO

beom <3: i am a victim of bullying.

y/n: yeah alr

beom <3 is typing...

beom <3: i'm gonna sneak out

y/n: what?

beom <3: im sneaking out

beom <3: like rn

y/n: why so suddenly??

beom <3: bc i'm bored and its warm outside and idk

y/n: well if you're being fr then you should come over

beom <3 is typing...

beom <3: bet

y/n: wait

y/n: beom i was playing don't actually come over here

y/n: BEOMGYU

y/n: BEOMGYU DO NOT COME OVER HERE I WAS JUST JOKING I ALREADY HAD TO SNEAK OUT ONCE BECAUSE OF YOU

y/n: choi beomgyu you better not.

y/n: CHOI BEOMGYU ANSWER ME

beom <3 is typing...

beom <3: mb i was jumping the fence

y/n: BEOMGYU

You rubbed your tired eyes. I can't with him, you sighed.

~~~

You flipped through your planner. Finals are this week, you picked up a pink highlighter. I have to do well, you chewed on your fingernail. You started humming to yourself mindlessly as you highlighted calendar pages. Dink! a noise came from the window.
"Hm-hm..." you continued to hum to yourself. If I bring my flash cards to work on Wednesday, I can get Soobin to help me study, you thought. Dink!
"Eventually~" you sang to yourself under your breath. DANK! you jumped in your seat. You just realized something had been hitting your window for the past minute. Your heart rate picked up as you hopped out of your bed. The hell is that? you furrowed your brows as you hurried over to the window on your tiptoes. You used your fingers to lift the blinds apart.
"Oh my god-!" you jumped back from the window. It was a pair of eyes, looking back at you through the blinds. A couple of seconds passed as your brain registered what you'd just saw. You knew those eyes. Dammit! you yanked the blinds chord, your heart still beating out of it's chest.
"What the hell is wrong with you?!" you said to the now revealed window.
"What?? I can't hear you!" Beomgyu said from the outside of the window. You grit your teeth as you lifted the window.
"Shut up! You're gonna get me in trouble, idiot!" you said in an aggravated tone. Now that there was no barrier between you, Beomgyu suddenly leaned in with haste, placing his lips on yours. The warm night air poured in through the window, everything went quiet for a moment. He pulled away slowly, a smile etched across his face.
"Hi," he giggled. Your surprised facial expression quickly turned sour.
"Choi Beomgyu, you psycho!" you folded your arms.
"I thought I had a stalker!" you nagged.
"Sorry, I just wanted to spook you..." he didn't think you'd be this upset. You sighed.
"I know, I know," you nodded as your feelings of fright and anger left your headspace.
"You look cute," he smiled as he looked you up and down. You looked down at yourself, you hadn't even thought about what you looked like.
"Thank you," you dropped your hands. Beomgyu wore a black hoodie with a gray flannel over it, his black hair resting above his eyelashes.
"You look hot too," you told him with a grin before walking away from your window. He smirked.
"Is that what I said? 'Cause I don't think that's what I said," he said cheekily as he leaned on the windowsill.
"Yeah, yeah," you grabbed your jacket from your desk chair.
"We going somewhere?" he asked as you put the jacket on.
"Yup, so don't come in, I cannot risk getting caught again," you hurried over to your shoes.
"Okie-dokie," he raised his brows as you bent over.
"Stop staring perv!" you whipped around.