chapter 4: friendships

6:41 PM, Friday, September 4th, 2021

[BEOMGYU]

I can't believe that just happened. Beomgyu plopped onto his bed, he had just got home from the park. We're dating now? We're dating now! he smiled to himself. Beomgyu's phone vibrated. It was a text from Jeno.

lee jeno
6:41 PM

lee jeno: DUDEEE something crazy just happened!!

choi beomgyu: ?

lee jeno: you know that girl Y/N in our science class?

choi beomgyu: yeah??

lee jeno: i kinda hit her with my bike...

choi beomgyu: WHAT

lee jeno: i was riding home from the skatepark when she just walked out in front of me!

choi beomgyu: were you paying attention?

lee jeno: i swear i was!! i don't think she was tho she was staring at her phone.

choi beomgyu: is she okay??

lee jeno: let me finish the story >:(((

choi beomgyu: sorryyy

lee jeno is typing...

lee jeno: anyway, i was riding my bike back from the skatepark, and it was starting to get dark so i turned my lights on. i was riding down the sidewalk of the front park near our school and she just walked straight out in front of me while she was staring at her phone. i was like worried but also wtf look both ways!! i tried to brake right before i hit her but she still fell to the ground and scraped her knee pretty bad.

choi beomgyu: omg ouch

lee jeno: yeah i felt pretty bad seeing her try to keep walking back home with that bloody knee so i walked with her home.

choi beomgyu: damn really?

lee jeno: what u jealous bro ;)

choi beomgyu: i'm gonna jump you

lee jeno: i'm kiddingggg lmao

choi beomgyu: where u at now?

lee jeno: walking home, my mom is gonna kill me for being out after dark :/

choi beomgyu: you're a senior and u still have curfew lol

lee jeno: shut upppp bro not everyone's parents are as chill as yours

choi beomgyu: whatev i'll talk to you later man ;)

lee jeno: alright gnnn

Beomgyu scratched his head. Why would she just walk out staring at her phone like that? Maybe I should text her and make sure she's okay.

______

[Y/N]

You watched as Beomgyu faded away from your sight. He said yes! you smiled to yourself. I should get going. You began walking up the grassy hill to the sidewalk. You got out your phone and opened your camera roll. It's about time I do this... you opened the hidden folder. The only photo in the hidden folder was one of a boy with longish blonde hair. You stared at the photo for a while. I should've done this a long time ago. As you were just about to delete the photo, you heard someone yelling.
"WATCH OUT!!" suddenly a hard object crashed into you, sending you to the pavement.
"Ow!" you could feel parts of your body getting scraped.
"A-are you okay?!" you looked up to see a boy with big brown eyes and brown hair standing over you.