chapter 17: confessional

4:39 PM, Wednesday, January 6th, 2022

You slammed the front door behind you, quickly removing your shoes.
"Y/N?" one of your dads called out from the living room.
"I'm home," your nose was stuffed and your voice wasn't hiding it.
"You okay?" you could hear your dad coming closer. He can't see my face.
"Yeah," you rushed up the stairs in a panic.

You locked your bedroom door behind you, sinking down against it. What am I gonna do?you began to sob. Why did he have to show up, why Hwang Hyunjin? you caved into yourself. Beomgyu is gonna hate me! I would hate me too, you walked over to your bed sniffling. This is the end, isn't? you tucked yourself underneath your covers. Beomgyu will probably break up with me tomorrow, you sighed, beginning to cry again.

______

[BEOMGYU]

Hyunjin is Y/N's ex?! Beomgyu plopped down on his bed. They must've been fighting for awhile before I walked over, he pictured your puffy red face in his mind. He made her cry, that's enough for me to hate him. But why didn't she tell me about it? Beomgyu wondered. So this whole time they had been coming to school and acting like they hadn't dated? What more do I not know?? Ugh, I'm so confused, I need to talk to Y/N tomorrow. Beomgyu turned over on his side.

______

[HYUNJIN]

Hyunjin stood in the park by himself. You and Beomgyu had stormed off, leaving him alone with his thoughts. Choi Beomgyu... he was staring at the ground, disassociated from the world around him. It's so cold, he snapped out of it. The cold airs hissed at Hyunjin, he zipped his jacket up. Hyunjin picked up his skateboard as he began walking over to the street. What am I gonna do now? I still need to get Y/N back, he thought to himself as he put his earbuds in. I have to get her back. Gosh why did Choi Beomgyu have to show up?! Now she's gonna take his side when he's the one who ruined everything. Ugh, I'm so pissed off, he set his skateboard down. What a nuisance, he skated off down the sidewalk.

______

[BEOMGYU]

It had been two days since your fight with Hyunjin and there was no sign if you at school. You told everyone you were sick with a bad cold. Beomgyu didn't want to cause a stir at school so he tried his best to just avoid Hyunjin.

He stood at his locker alone. He missed your presence, it felt weird not being able to talk to you. Choerry turned the corner to see if you came to school today; you didn't.
"Choi Beomgyu!" she approached Beomgyu who was standing at his locker.
"Huh?" he turned to her.
"You okay?" she noticed he had been acting different the past couple days.
"I'm fine, what's up?" he closed his locker.
"Ugh, I don't know, everyone has been acting weird lately," she sighed, leaning up against your locker. Beomgyu didn't respond.
"First, we get back from break and Yeeun starts acting odd and straight up ignores Jeno in the hallway," she began to rant.
"Then, Y/N disappears from school, from a sudden illness," she continued.
"And now, you and Hyunjin are totally beefing!" Beomgyu looked up at her.
"What?" he was surprised.
"Yeah, the glaring, not acknowledging each other's presences, avoiding each other," she listed.
"You realized that?" he said.
"Yeah, thankfully I'm aware of my surroundings enough to notice that our friend group is falling apart and no one is telling me anything!!" she complained.
"Sorry, it's just-" she cut Beomgyu off.
"No, no, I'm going to organize a meeting or something, I'm tired of secrets!" she started to walk away.
"But just so we're clear, Hyunjin was never apart of the group!" Beomgyu yelled.
"Okay, okay, he just seems to be involved with all our problems!" she said, turning the corner.
"Cause he lives on drama," Beomgyu said quietly. He felt someone walk out from behind him.
"Oh piss off," Hyunjin said passing him.
He was listening? Beomgyu was surprised.