Chapter 1 - A New Friend

"We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future."

-George Bernard Shaw

----------------------

Naruto POV

I didn't really look forward to today. I transferred once again to a new school, Konoha High. I was bullied at all my other schools, so I didn't really have a choice. Hopefully, this would be my last transferring and hopefully, I wouldn't get bullied there. It was only two years left of school before I graduated, so keeping my grades up would be a pain in the ass.

I looked at the clock. It showed 7.45 AM.

"DAMN IT! I'm going to be late on the first day!"

I yelled at the top of my lungs before I choked down my freshly made tea. Freshly made meant extremely hot, and extremely hot obviously meant immense pain.

Idiot? Check.

In a rush, I put the empty cup away and rushed to the door. Are you surprised if I say I almost forgot to lock the door because of the stress?

Well, I did.

In an attempt to run to the school from my apartment complex, I sprinted down the stairs. The school was located around 20 minutes from me, although my idiotic morning routine left me with the impossible task to make it there in 10 minutes.

Not caring whoever or whatever I ran into, I ran down the busy streets that had just begun to glow in the morning sun. The trees were still green by the leaves that filtered the sunbeams down on the ground. However, I didn't really have the time to enjoy the morningsight.

When did I ever enjoy mornings, anyway?

The bells rang loudly as I neared myself the entrance. I was already late but I still cursed myself for being even more late. I didn't think very far back then.

And no, obviously I don't do that now either.

I barerly made it to the door before someone stopped me by yanking my collar. An annoyed expression crept along my face as I turned around.

"I assume you're Uzumaki Naruto?"

I held an annoyed gaze towards the man who held a grip on my shirt. Silver hair? Really? Who the hell has silver-dyed hair? And a surgical mask covering more than half of your face on top of that.

"Why would you care? I don't know who you are."

I glared at the taller man, not caring about any manners.

"Well, what a nice encounter. I'm Hatake Kakashi and I'm your new homeroom teacher. I don't need to tell you more than that."

The taller man who apparently was named Kakashi, handed me a small key as he turned around and walked through the large corridor. The key, which I assumed was my locker key, had a small note hanging right beside it, showing what locker I had.

'Number 387', it read.

Kakashi disappeared around a corner, with me following like a bandage. He swung up the classroom door, viewing a bunch of students, curious about the person hiding right behind the teacher.

During my lifetime I had grown to dislike attention. It didn't make it better when I was pulled up to the front, with at least 15 students staring right at me.

"This is our new student, Naruto"

Kakashi introduced me in front of everyone before pointing towards a seat in the back by the window. The person sitting there narrowed his eyes at me, as if scanning my worth. I walked up to my assigned seat and avoided eye contact as I sat down. I felt his gaze at me and I turned my head towards him to ask what the hell he was staring at.

Although, somehow I couldn't form any words.

My breath hitched and my words were stuck in my throat. By that moment his head turned, and he looked forward again.

"Dude, what the hell are you staring at? I know I'm stunning but come on.."

His smirk made me snap out of whatever I was thinking. But damn, what an ego.

"You? Stunning? Pfft..."

I trailed of and looked down on the desk. I could only wonder why I had to respond to the part about his looks. I didn't say anything more after that. I only turned my head towards the black board.

"I'm Sasuke, by the way."

I glanced at the guy next to me. I nodded to show I acknowledged his saying, but kept quiet.

"So, did you transferre or something?" I immideatly snapped out of my thoughts as I heard a voice beside me. I looked at Sasuke, who was just staring at me, with a blank face. "Uh, yeah. I was bullied at my other schools so I didn't really have any choice" I said quickly, looking away. "Too bad" He said. "Yeah" I replied without even looking at him. Why the hell am I embarrassed to look at him? I'm not the shy guy, nor do I have problems with meeting people.

We didn't say anything more to each other during that period. As soon as the bell rang I hurried out the classroom to my locker. I opened it and saw that all my stuff was already prepared for me. "Lucky me!" I said quietly, but loud enough for people within a meters range could hear. "Lucky for what?" I heard a voice next to me. As I looked past the lockerdoor I saw Sasuke.

"Sa-sasuke?" I said surprised. "Seems like we have lockers next to each other too" Sasuke said with a smirk. That smirk looked like a I'll-never-let-you-out-of-sight smirk wich made me sigh out loud. But he didn't seems to care. "What do we have next, and after that?" I said calmly, just to act friendly. "Now we have math, then it's lunchbreak, and after that it's gym" Sasuke explained. Uch, I HATE math. Everytime I move to a new school, I quietly pray to God that they don't have math, but they always do. I slammed my head into my locker and sighed loudly. "Why do they always have Math lessons!?" I complained. "Seems like you don't like math" Sasuke said and left his locker. I sighed once again and took my stuff.

Sasuke POV

I smirked all the way into the classroom. I barely even know him and I already thinks he's SOOOOO adorable! I walked into the classroom, only to be met by tons of fangirls. I never even looked them in the eyes, but they didn't seem to give up just because of that. I tried my best to get through the crowd up to my desk but one of them stopped me completly. "Sakura, move out of the way!" I said to her annoyed by her actions. "Sasuke, please go out with me! That's like the 20th time she's asked me that only this week! "For the last time, no!" I yelled at her and made my way up to my desk. She looked at me with an annoyed face mixed with sadness. But why should I care? 'There's actually just one person I would have accepted' I thought to myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this good for a first try? Let me know what you think, and I will try my best to make this story a success!