Chapter 10 - The Truth Hurts

"Nani ga atte, ore wa itsumo anata wo aishite inaidesho. Yakusoku."

---------------------------------------

Naruto POV

I woke up by the sunlight that were streaming through the curtians. I felt something warm around me and noticed that it was Sasuke's arms. I smiled and carefully slid out of his grip, not wanting to wake him up. I walked out to the bathroom and showered and changed. I looked at the clock. '11 AM... Best to wake Sasuke up.' I thought as I walked up to Sasuke and sat down beside him. He looked so peacefull when he slept. "Sasuke, wake up! It's almost noon!" I said loudly as I enjoyed his annoying face. He sat up and rubbed his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Morning beautiful." he said looking at me with a warm smile. I blushed and stood up. "Well, get up then!" I said sternly and walked to the windows and looked out. It was not a cloud in the sky and the sun was shining bright.

I heard Sasuke walk out of the bathroom and felt him hug me from behind. "So, what do you want to do today?" he asked. I shrugged. "I don't know". He sighed. "What about going on a date?" I blushed. "A d-date?" I have no idea what you do on a date, so how am I supposed to go on a date with him? "Yeah, let's buy something and go to the beach later today" I was a tomato by now. "Uh, yeah! Sure! Let's do that" He let go of me and stood next to me. "Then let's go and buy something now, so that's done for tonight" I smiled and nodded, and we both walked out of the room.

~

"This is way to much, Sasuke! We can't eat all this!" I we both walked home with two heavy bags each that contained who knows how much food. "I decided that I should buy somethings to have at home too, so don't worry" Ugh, he used me for this? I sighed heavily and let go of the bags. I rubbed my neck and stretched my arms. "This is so heavy!" I couldn't halp but complain, even though I onced scolded Sasuke for doing it...

"Hey there, fox" My eyes widened and I stopped in my tracks, so did Sasuke. I let go of the bags and turned around, slowly. "Aw, it's such a shame that you're not alone, Naru~" I wanted to throw up at the nickname, but I wanted to cry at the sight. "Pein, what are you planning to do?" "I want to tell him something, that I've overheard from someone, and it's only the best for him to know" Pein smirked. What the hell is going on? I noticed Sasuke walked up to me and stood next to me. "What the hell do you want? Why won't you leave him alone?!" I looked at Sasuke, it made me so happy that he stood up for me.

"Oh? I don't think you're the one to talk. You already know about that, don't you?" I looked at Sasuke once again, and his eyes widened. I was confused. What were they talking about. "No, no! You're not allowed to say anything!" Sasuke littarly screamed at the one, called Pein. "But it would be such a shame that he's not aware of the friendship between yours and his family- Oops, didn't mean to say it" My eyes widened, if they even could be any bigger. "The friendship between my family and.." I trailed of and looked at Sasuke. "Well, now that you've already heard I might as well tell you the rest" Pein said with an evil smirk plastered on his face. I looked back at him, ready to break down any minute.

"Before your family died, and his too, they knew each other. His family were really good friends with yours, Naru~. Too bad you didn't know that." His evil smirk never left his face. My eyes watered, and I looked at Sasuke. He looked down on the ground and his bangs covered his eyes. Did he know? How come I never did? "Well, that's what we wanted you to know, but we'll be back, and it won't be pleasent by then. They walked away, but I just starred at the space where they stood, just moments ago. A tear escaped my eye and ran down onto the ground. I saw Sasuke look at me with a saddened face. I looked at him, but my vision was to blurry to see him directly due to the tears.

"You knew?" I managed to say, with a broken voice. More tears ran down my face as my vision became a little clearer. I saw pain and tears in his own eyes. "I didn't exactly know, I didn't know until my brother told me." He looked down on the ground again. I slowly backed away. "Why didn't you tell me then?" I wanted to scream, but I was too shocked so it took my all to just whisper. "I wanted to! Believe me! I wanted to tell you as soon as I knew, but I never had the chance!" My mind refused to believe his excuses. "It was my brother who knew!" I still didn't want to believe him. I took more step backwards, as tears continued to endlesly run down my face.