Chapter 18 - Cold

It feels like I'm responsable for everyone's pain. What if I didn't lose my memory? Would everything still be going as smooth as it appereantly did?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sasuke POV

Three days, nothing's changed. Everything is still the same as it was the first day, everything is still just as sorrowful, just as painful and just as tiring as any day since that day has been. He still can't remember anything, not even get a hint out of anything. I wonder what's going to happen, if he doesn't remember. Will he start a complete new life? Find new friends and a new lover? I don't want that, but I can't just stop him for my own sake. But it will be dangerous if new people come into his life. Maybe he won't even have the will to remember us anymore? Can it get that bad?

"Sasuke, you're spacing out again" I looked up. I forgot my brother was here. Currently we both sat in the livingroom sofa, doing absolutely nothing. The TV wasn't even on. No sound could be heard except the wind that moved through the rooms, and cars that drove by outside and the chattering from people who walked by the house. Neither of us said anything to each other, other than Itachi who had to stop me from spacing out. He knew that I only thought about Naruto while doing that. He knew I was hurt, but also knew that I would only be more depressed if I thought about What-if scenarios, which was true. Just the thought of Naruto not wanting to remember us made me think that it was going to happen. I had tomstop thinking like that, not that I could though. It was hard to not think about him. It was almost unbearable to not worry about him, it was something I did subconsciously and something that I couldn't control. That's what's unbearable.

I couldn't really focus on reality anymore, although Itachi clearing his throat made me realize my surroundings, even if just a little. "I'm going to make dinner. It's going to take a while so I'm suggesting you go to Naruto and kill time" He stood up, not making eye contact and made his way out in the hallway. I hesitated for a while. I didn't want to see him like this. And I'm not just saying that selfishly, I'm pretty sure he doesn't want it to be this way either. I'm pretty sure he feels really bad when he sees his friends, not being able to remember them in any way, not being able to remember himself or his past. It must be horrible to not even be able to remember your parents. Even though mine are dead, I still remember them. Father as the strict parent, although secretly caring. Mother, being the loving mother who would often scold father for not showing love or maybe being to strict. I still remember them, that's something at least. I feel sorry for him, I feel his pain even without being around him, so how am I even able to be in his presence?

"Okay, I'm going" I said while standing up and making my way out to the doorstep. I heard a faint 'okay' as I put on my shoes on and walked out the door. Just like I did when I walked to the hospital, I walked slowly to his house, taking twice as mich time since a part of me didn't want to go. Hoping that I wouldn't bump into someone, I walked with my head hanging low. The sky wasn't grey, nor was it blue. It was white. White and pure. The clouds was covering all the blue normal colour, covering any spot that would let any ray of sunlight shine through. But the sun was dead anyway. It can't shine once it's dead.

-

It took awhile, but against my own will I eventually got to his house. I stared up at his apartment, tears trickling in my eyes. I didn't want to cry, I didn't need to cry. I kept telling myself that he was going to be alright, that he was going to remember. But I also know that I shouldn't lie to myself. I tokk a deep breath, trying to run away from my thoughts and walked into the house. I climbed the stairs slowly. This time I was actually glad that there wasn't an elevator in this house. If it would be one I would probably have taken it.