Chapter 15 - Ultimate Nightmare

"Life sure is unfair sometimes"

'Indeed it is'

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

A/N: Please read this chapter with the music in the media ♥♡♥

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

Naruto Pov

It has been a week since I got out of the hospital, which means it has been one week since I was informed that I was dying. My condition is getting worse and worse for every day. I'm coughing more frequently, I can't sleep well and I feel a slight pain and numbness in my heart every once ina while. Luckily, I've spent day and night at Sasuke's house, just to be on the safe side if something were to happen. My grades is also bad since I've been abscent for so long, not that I care though. Why should I have good grades so I can get a good job when I'm dying anyway?

Like always, I sat next to Sasuke in class. Math, my worst enemy. Is it good for me to be bored to death when my condition is like it is now? I didn't listen, I couldn't. I was too worried, and I felt dizzy. Sasuke would often glance at me, to see if I was okay. It still made me a little happier though, to know that he cares. The teachers knew about me, and I was often stuck in conversations with them. It was tough, so I'm actually just waiting for the day to come.

The lesson ended, and I quickly stood up from my seat and hurried out to my locker. It wasn't good for me to just sit down and take it easy, if I did I would just get lost in my own thoughts, and that could be dangerous. I walked fast to my locker and left my mathbook and took out my Englishbook. When I closed it I saw Sasuke by his locker. "Do you also have English now?" He nodded, but didn't look at me. It felt like he was blaming me for my condition. Isn't he the actual reason I'm like this? He should know that if he accepted my apoligy back then, Pain wouldn't have kidnapped me.

"Why won't you talk to me, Sasuke? Is it me that you're angry at? Because if it is then what have I done? You look at me in class, but you almost haven't said anything to me since you got the news about the fact that I was dying!" "Enough, Naruto!" Sasuke yelled out loud, and caught the attention of the students around us. "I'm not angry at you! I'm simply trying to digest the fact that you're dying! Do you have any idea about how I feel about that? Do you know how I feel about the fact that you can die at any moment, so unexpectedly that I have no time to say some last words to you!? You could die right now, because God can be a hell of a bitch sometimes, and then you wouldn't know just how much I love you!" I stared at Sasuke, with wide eyes  not caring one bit about the mumbling from the other students. Sasuke was on the verge of tears, and I could see why. He had a point.

I couldn't say anything. He was right, I could die at any moment. Students gathered around us and mumbled, and stared and laughed a little at us. I was embarrassed, of course, but that wasn't the topic right now. I was about to open my mouth to say something, but something stopped me. A pain went right through my heart, and I clutched my chest and started to breath heavily. Students watched me as if all this was some kind of theater, and I cursed them inside my head for not doing anything. I was dying, for heavens sake!