Chapter 12 - Verge of Death

'What have I done...?'

_________________________________

Sasuke POV

I was almost scared to death by now. Naruto came to the hospital, severly injured because of me. If I had just accepted his apoligy back then this would never have happened! I paced around in the waiting room, impatiently waiting for a nurse to come out. "Sasuke, please calm down!" Itachi tried to calm me down, but it's not working. It has been 3 Hours, and we haven't a single word regarding Naruto, so of course I'm anxious.

"Naruto Uzumaki?" I turned my head quickly at the voice and quickly walked up to the nurse. "What happened to him? Can I see him?" She shook her head with a saddened expression. "No, I'm sorry. His condition is critical and he's very unstable for the moment. He suffered many different injures, such as violent rape, chokings, broken ribs that almost punctured his right lung and several infections" My eyes widened. Is he really that injured? I couldn't believe what she said. "When can we see him?" Itachi asked for me, since I really didn't trust my voice at the moment. "We will keep an eye on his condition over the night. If it gets better you might have a chance to see him tomorrow" she answered. I sighed in relief, at least there's a chance that he will be better.

"Then we will come tomorrow, thank you for letting us know" Itachi started to lead me out of the hospital. "Oh, by the way" she started. "How are you related to Naruto Uzumaki?" I turned around. "I'm his boyfriend, so can you please tell him that I was here if he wakes up?" She nodded and smiled, before we continued our way home. Not that I wanted to to leave the hospital until I could see Naruto, but I had to.

-

"Sasuke, you have to eat something. You haven't eaten anything for almost two days" I glared at Itachi. "I'm not hungry! Can't you understand that I'm not hungry?" I snapped, and raised my voice more than I should. "Sasuke, please. You have to stop thinking that it's your fault!" "No, Itachi! It IS my fault! If I had just accepted his apoligy, then he wouldn't have gone away! And then his bulliers wouldn't have found him! And if they didn't find him, then he wouldn't be on the verge of death by now!" I littarly screamed in Itachi's face, while tears streamed down my face. Itachi pulled me in for a hug, while rubbing my back. "Please, don't think it's your fault. And he's going to be alright, we just have to have faith in him" He gave me a reassuring smile, and I wiped my tears away. "I just want to be alone for a moment" I said and pulled away from the hug. Itachi walked out of the room and closed the door, leaving me there, alone and anxious.

-

I stood ouside the hospital entrance, gathering courage to go in and see what happened to Naruto over night. I just have to do like Itachi told me to, have faith in him. I took a deep breath and went in. I went to the reception, and hoped for the best. "I'm here too see Naruto Uzumaki" I said, firmly. The receptionist looked through what I assume was a bunch of documents. "You are allowed to see him, but not too long. He had to undergo an emergency surgery last night due to several seizures, so you can only be in there for about 15 minutes" I nodded, trying to process the information I just got, which I didn't want to believe. The nice receptionist led me into Naruto's room, and left me there. All you could hear was the beeping sound of several machines, and you could only see Naruto, lying in a bed, covered in bandages.

I walk towards the bed and quietly sat down, forcing myself not to break down at the sight. I gently took his hand in mine, and looked at him. I couldn't blame anyone else but me. "Naruto, I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry for what I did..." I let some tears find their ways down my face as I apoligized one time after another. I didn't want to believe that this was reality. Soon I started to cry even more. "Naruto, please wake up! I can't live on without you" I gripped his hand even tighter, hoping that he might feel my presence. "I miss you so much.."

-

"Excuse me, but your time is up" I turned my head to the door. The same receptionist that walked me here stood there. I wanted to stay in the room until Naruto woke up, but who knows when that's going to be? I nodded and stood up, quietly walking out of the room. "Just one question, do you have any idea on when he might wake up?" I had to know. If I just had an idea on when he might wake up, then I would be so much more relaxed. "I'm sorry, but we don't. It's a miracle that he even survived these injures, so we have to wait and see. If I may get your contact information, then we can alert you as soon as something happens" I nodded and gave the receptionist every number I knew we had, and thanked the receptionist. Right now, I wanted to hurry home, and break down in my room. To be honest, I just wanted to close my eyes, and never wake up until Naruto woke up. How the hell am I supposed to handle school now?

--------------------

Sorry for the short chapter! I will try and make it longer next time, promise :)

-Sachiko-Chan