Chapter 17 - Betrayal Among Friends

But it's going to be tough, seeing him so confused for so long. Only the first sentence he said to me after he woke up, made me want to dissappear...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto POV

I was released from the hospital early this morning, though it didn't make anything better. I've lost all my memories. I can't remember my friends, my home or anything. I can't even remember myself. I wouldn't know that my name was Naruto if it wasn't for, what was he called again? Oh yeah, Sasuke. How does he know me? Are we best friends maybe? He seemed quite happy when I woke up, so maybe we are. And how do I know that Sakura? Is she maybe my girlfriend? If that's the case then why haven't she said anything? Or is she maybe Sasuke's girlfriend? Oh well, whatever the case is I'm too lazy to care.

Luckily, Sasuke picked me up from the hospital and drove me home. He seemed so sad all the time. I'm alive, isn't that what matters? The doctors told me, with awfully many details what happened. Even I think that it's a miracle that I'm alive. How can I even be? I wanted to ask Sasuke how we were related, but I was too scared. I wasn't ready to now too much. Our trip home was as silent as it is in a library, that much I know. Once in a while either one of us coughed, or sighed, nothing more. We didn't say anything to each other. It hasn't always been like this, right?

"Thanks for driving me home, Sasuke" I stepped out of the car and smiled brightly at him. He gave another sad smile in return before driving away again. For some reason I wanted to invite him in, but I couldn't. I wasn't even sure about how we knew each other so it felt like wanting to invite a stranger. I sighed heavily and went into the house, but it came to my horror. "Apartments" I stated out loud. My eyes widened as I looked at the stairs and upwards. It must be at least 7 floors, and at least 4 apartments at each floor. "Okay calm down, what's your last name again?" I asked myself out loud, not caring if anyone heard me. It must've been wierd though if someone heard me. It's probably a little wierd to hear someone ask themselves what their family name is. "Uzumaki!" I snapped my fingers and immediatly began reading at the doors. Not the first floor, not the second one either. I ran up each stair, a little less excited for each floor I had to climb.

I finally came up to the last floor. There, the last door to the right. I stumbled towards it, panting. Was I always this untrained? I searched for my keys in my pocket, and prepared myself for the horror of finding the right key. I didn't even know you could have as many keys as I had. I lazily tried one after the other and was about to give up when I finally found the right one. Although, what would I do if I did give up? Just wait until my strength came back or what?

"Home sweet home!" I yelled as I stepped inside my apartment. Well, not home because I forgot I lived here, and not sweet because it was dirty as hell itself. Clothes were spread over the floor, I could see the dust on the shelves, empty ramen-cups occupied the dinnertable and the air was muggy. I mentally vomited. Am I really this kind of person? And who eats this much ramen? No wonder I ended up in the hospital. I put away the empty cups and opened some windows, because this apartment needed some fresh air indeed. I wanted to vaccum, but I didn't really have the energy to do that right now, so I just sat down in the couch. How was I supposed to regain my memories if they didn't say anything. They did try to make me remember, but it was just mere questions, and not statements.

Sasuke POV

I wanted to cry, but I did everything it took to not. I just couldn't take it, to see Naruto like this, not remembering a single thing. I told myself over and over that he will regain his memories, but in reality I just want him to remember himself and me. He doesn't have to remember his past, it for the best. He doesn't have to remember that Pain, or that it was himself who killed his parents. If he doesn't regain those memories, he will be happy.