Chapter 13 - Happiness

To be honest, I just wanted to close my eyes, and never wake up until Naruto woke up. How the hell am I supposed to handle school now?

————————————————————————————-

Naruto POV

Why is everything still dark? Didn't someone save me, or was that just more people who wanted me as their own toy? Everything was still so cold, so cold I could think I'm dead, but I know I'm not. Is Sasuke still there? Wasn't he here just a moment ago, or was that several Hours ago? Or maybe it was days, months or even a year? Why have I lost track of time? Why do I feel so abandoned and lonely? Am I on the verge of death, or am I really dead, I just don't know it? My head is so full of questions, and I don't have a chance to get them answered. I'm having a hard time breathing, and I can't move.

I'll be better of dead...

-

Third POV

While the machines still beebed, Naruto lied there in the plain bed, not moving. Not until a small groan was heard from the young blonde. A nurse was in the room at the time, and quickly walked up the the blonde, checking if he's okay. "Uzumaki-san? Uzumaki-san? Are you awake?" The young nurse said. Naruto tried to open his eyes, without much success. He groaned once again, to stop her from ranting his name all the time. It was giving him a headache. The nurse quickly alarmed other nurses, and doctors for that matter, since it was a miracle that he woke up. His injures was life-threatning at first. Numbers of doctors stood in the room, watching the blonde as he struggled to open his eyes. Mumbling was heard when Naruto finally opened his eyes, without shutting them again. "Alert Uchiha-san" someone said. Naruto heard this, and widened his eyes little bit more. 'So Sasuke really where here?' he thought.

Sasuke POV

I heard my phone ring, and at first I didn't bother answering it. But then the long wishful thought hit me, what if it was the hospital? Saying that Naruto was awake? I quickly stood up and answered my phone.

"Yes, this is Sasuke Uchiha" I answered, maybe a little too fast.

" Hello, I'm calling from Konoha Hospital regarding Naruto Uzumaki. I wanted to alert you about the fact that he has woken up" My breath hitched. Had he really woken up.

"Can I come and see him?" I asked after a small silence.

"Yes, you can come right away, it seems like he's looking for you" My eyes watered. Did he forgive me, for what I did? I thanked the, what I assume, doctor and got ready to go to the hospital. I hope things are as good as it sounds.

-

When I arrived at the hospital, a nice nurse led me to Naruto's room. She left me outside the door. I took a deep breath and went in, and the sight was more beautiful than I could ever imagine. There he was, sitting up in the bed and looking out the window before turning his gaze to me. I wanted to cry of happiness. Slowly walked towards him, holding in my tears. I wasn't the one who was supposed to cry. I silently sat down on the bed, and we never stopped looking at each other. His eyes was watery, and mine too. Before I knew it, he litarly jumped on me, hugging me like his life depended on it. I was a little taken back at first, but soon embraced him like never before.

"I'm so sorry, Naruto" I said, while crying on his shoulder. "if I had just said something back then, this would never have happened" I tightened my grip on him and continued crying. I've missed him so much. "I don't blame you, Sasuke. I should've behaved better" He tightened his grip as much as I did, and started shaking. He was crying too, but he was the one who had the right to cry. "I've missed you so much I can't even describe it" I said between my tears, and sobs. God knows how long we sat like that, just embracing each other and crying into each others arms. I couldn't be more happy at the moment. I thought I lost him, but I didn't, and he forgave me for my stupid actions, that got him into that condition.

After an eternity, we finally loosened our grip. "I knew you where here, Sasuke" My eyes widened. Did he actually feel my presence? "I knew you came to visit me all the time. I knew you where there, holding my hand" I wanted to cry again, but I had cried enough. "But, for how long did you come here?" Oh yeah, he was in an unstable coma, so it's obvious that he lost track of time. "Uh, for about a month" I said firmly. His eyes widened. "That long?" I nodded, but with a smile. "But that doesn't matter now, all that matters now is that you're awake" He smiled warmly at me before hugging me again. "Thank goodness you forgave me.."

After a while, a knock on the door was heard. "Come in" The door opened. And as I predicted, Itachi stood there. "Oh, so you are awake?" he said with a smile. Naruto nodded a bit, still holding his warm smile. "I thought something was going on when Sasuke rushed out of the house with a smile I've never seen before" Itachi said, looking at me confused. I just shrugged. "I was just happy when they said that he had woken up, that's all" I tried to defend myself, but it didn't work very well. "I'm just saying that, you've never smiled liked that before, so this must've made you insanely happy" Itachi said with a smirk, and I just rolled my eyes, not caring about anything else but Naruto's well-being at the moment.

Naruto POV

Just like I thought, Sasuke came to see me all the time. It makes me happy somehow, to know that he really cares about me. But I had no idea that I had been in a coma for a month. No wonder I lost track of time. But even if I was up and well, I still felt like something was very, very wrong. But I didn't say anything to Sasuke. He seemed so happy right now, and I didn't want to ruin that moment for him. He waited a whole month for me to wake up, and now I finally did. I decided to brush it of as nothing and continue this as a happy day. I could always bring it up with a doctor later on.

"Naruto?" I snapped out of my thoughts and turned my gaze towards Sasuke. He looked worried. "Is something wrong?" I shook my head. "No, everything is just fine" It looked like he wasn't fully convinced, but shook it of. "Anyways, Itachi went to talk to a doctor about when you can go home again" I nodded, hoping that it would be soon. I didn't want to be here anymore, it gives me the creeps. "Are you feeling well?" I nodded once more, and gave Sasuke a reassuring smile. He smiled back, and surprisingly, he gave another tight hug. "I'm sorry, It's just that I'm so glad that you're okay" he said, while snuggling into my neck. This feeling alone made me feel happier than ever before. I happily returned the hug without a seond thought. A certain person interrupted our little moment. "Sorry for interrupting your lovely moment here, but the doctor said that they had to keep you here for a while, Naruto" Both me and Sasuke turned our heads towards Itachi, who closed the door and sat down in the chair next to the bed. "Your injures were severe when you first came here, and they say that it's a miracle that you're even alive by now. So they want to keep an eye on you for a week or so before you can go home" Itachi continued. Were my injures severe? "How bad were they? The injures?" I asked curiously.

"I don't think you want to know, Naruto" Sasuke said, with a sad tone. I continued to stare at Itachi, demanding an answer. He probably gave up and sighed. "You were a mess when you came to the ER. Both me and Sasuke where in the waiting room and saw you when several doctors came running through the corridors with a bloody you in a bed. We waited and waited, and we got our hopes up too much when  a nurse came out and said your name" He paused and took a deep breath. "We both wanted to see you right then, especially Sasuke, but we couldn't, because of your severe injures. She said that you had been violently raped, choked and had broken rib that puntured one of your lungs" He stopped, and I was wide eyed. "Naruto, are you okay?" Sasuke said with a very worried tone. I nodded and drpped my gaze. "I remember the rape very well, so that wasn't a surprise" Tears were forming in the corner of my eyes, but I quickly wiped them away. I heard both Sasuke and Itachi curse under their breaths, probably cursing Pain.

We sat in a silence, but Sasuke soon broke it. "As I said before, the only thing that matters right now is that you're alright, and that they hopefully got those bastards who did this to you" I smiled at him, glad for him being so caring. "You're right" I said with a bright smile, and it seemed to affect both Sasuke and Itachi. Hopefully things were turning upwards again, but if this feeling isn't going away soon, Sasuke will be terrified , and I already am.

———————-

This chapter wasn't so long as I hoped it would be, but never mind ^^

Prepare for some feels in the next chapter, there's going to be some hard information there :/

—Sachiko— Chan